Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Mavericks that have been sold and are on the road now, has there been any observations from the new owners? We would love to her some real world reviews. Thanks in advance...✔🇺🇸

·
Registered
240 Posts
For Mavericks that have been sold and are on the road now, has there been any observations from the new owners? We would love to her some real world reviews. Thanks in advance...✔🇺🇸
Too soon...but some are being delivered in the next week or two...

Reactions: cavalierrs and BigB

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At least one California delivery has been done - as noted by the Ventura Ford information. More are in the pipeline so somebody will pop up and give us an inside perspective from the owners viewpoint and the drivers seat.
🛻 Ready for the stories to come filing in✔

·
Registered
111 Posts
Would be shocked if Media Blackout extended to owners of first deliveries.

Reactions: A Ford

·
Registered
111 Posts
Excited for him to share real world MPG. He also does not appear to be censored by the "Media" embargo...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Reactions: Rob XLT-CG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would be shocked if Media Blackout extended to owners of first deliveries.
Embargos only work if the participants agree to it. Plenty of tech reporters break embargo from time to time. The penalty is they don't get early access from the same people the next time. If one of the car reporters broke embargo, there wouldn't be any real penalty other than a nasty email from Ford and they wouldn't get invited to early press events again.

A private owner isn't competing for ad clicks with the established writers. The only reason they have embargos is to make the publication release time fair so everyone has time to write their articles. Next Monday will be very busy with Maverick reviews, if that is the embargo date.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes indeed the Mavericks are slowly trickling out to the new owners.....
Lets keep it up Ford ✔🇺🇸

·
Registered
178 Posts
I’ll gladly wait for media reviews over owner reviews. Owners already come into it with a bias since they paid x amount of money. Two more days and I get to see Doug Demuro point out stupid quirks in the truck and hear the Alex on Autos’ Windows 95 sounding theme song. 😂

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’ll gladly wait for media reviews over owner reviews. Owners already come into it with a bias since they paid x amount of money. Two more days and I get to see Doug Demuro point out stupid quirks in the truck and hear the Alex on Autos’ Windows 95 sounding theme song. 😂
Ah come-on like Craigslist they know what they got

In the case of the Chevy Volt, the original owner reviews were scathing and wanted a bunch of features, additional performance, different tires, more range, even different methods of programming the car. The owners were much more technical and focused on hacking the car. While at the same time there were exhaustive owner reviews the car had extremely high owner satisfaction and the professional reviews were usually positive and fluffy just complaining about 0-60 times and that the car had less luggage room than a Suburban.

Legit reviewers don’t always add much, it depends on what they are focusing on, Because the Maverick appeals to a very different customer I expect more exhaustive owner commentary than a Subaru and possibly better reviews from the owners than the pros.

I still will patiently wait for Motorweeks review on tv though

1 - 20 of 26 Posts