Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
my dealer said lot trucks may show up before reserved/ordered trucks.....and if they do, my dealer will sell me a lot truck if its what i want.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Let’s do simple analysis on this data.

• Reservations were free, anyone even curious can put one in with absolutely no commitment.

• Bronco pulled in twice this number in 2 weeks, it has been 12 weeks for the Maverick.

• Target yearly sales for the Maverick are a little over 100k units. Without making up an a conversion ratio to sales my take away that that Ford will likely hit this goal the first year. Provided they can produce that many….

• Duplicate reservations. I put in 2 at least and finally just went to a dealer after never being called. I do have to admit we are all enthusiasts who are probably more apt to putting in multiple reservations than the typical shopper.

• Most of the orders are from California, Texas, and Florida. So the three most populous states in the country also have the most pre-orders…shocking!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let’s do simple analysis on this data.

• Reservations were free, anyone even curious can put one in with absolutely no commitment.

• Bronco pulled in twice this number in 2 weeks, it has been 12 weeks for the Maverick.

• Target yearly sales for the Maverick are a little over 100k units. Without making up an a conversion ratio to sales my take away that that Ford will likely hit this goal the first year. Provided they can produce that many….

• Duplicate reservations. I put in 2 at least and finally just went to a dealer after never being called. I do have to admit we are all enthusiasts who are probably more apt to putting in multiple reservations than the typical shopper.

• Most of the orders are from California, Texas, and Florida. So the three most populous states in the country also have the most pre-orders…shocking!!
The shocking part was the confirmation by FORD that units were headed to lots in October.

"Ford has already received 100,000 non-binding reservations for the Maverick, which is slated to hit car lots this October, the company confirmed to FOX Business"

Did they misspeak or are dealers getting trucks in October ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
The shocking part was the confirmation by FORD that units were headed to lots in October.

"Ford has already received 100,000 non-binding reservations for the Maverick, which is slated to hit car lots this October, the company confirmed to FOX Business"

Did they misspeak or are dealers getting trucks in October ?
Some of the reserved Units are heading to dealers In October. Additionally some stock units will be at dealers in October too. No where near all the reservations will be filled in October.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of the reserved Units are heading to dealers In October. Additionally some stock units will be at dealers in October too. No where near all the reservations will be filled in October.
If there are stock units, I would prefer buying off the lot since I have not been scheduled and probably will not see a truck until December. My sales manager told me to "just hang in there", very reassuring.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If there are stock units, I would prefer buying off the lot since I have not been scheduled and probably will not see a truck until December. My sales manager told me to "just hang in there", very reassuring.
I would prefer to buy a reserved unit my self. As the stock units are supposed to be only EcoBoost engines and the very first ones off the assembly line. Additionally most dealers are adding mark up the stock units.

I also haven’t been scheduled for mine. But they never said summer delivery, always said fall. Anyone thinking we would get early delivery is crazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts