Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Does the 110V / 400W Outlet Option for $150 get you an outlet in the rear seat and the bed or just the rear seat. If the latter, how does one get the outlet in the bed. Only by upgrading to the Luxury Package?

Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rear seat only. The other location would require custom installation or purchase of FoMoCo parts from a dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Grumpyunk. So the only way to get the outlet on the left side of the bed is to order the luxury package? I'm still a little confused on the power in the bed options. There is an option for a socket on the left. I've also seen that there is an option to have an adaptor or sorts on the right for custom power purposes. Appreciate anyone that has a clearer understanding they can share.

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are two 12V terminations, one per side, in the bed. They are for owner custom 12V applications. I do not know amperage.
The inverter in the truck bed is part of one of the higher-zoot optins, Luxury or Lariat. It also has a 12V plug alongside the 120VAC inverter output plug. It is mounted on the drivers side of the bed, near the tailgate. Outlets are covered with flexible rubberish covers that apparently are to seal out water intrusion/corrosion, etc.
The 400W version is in-cab only, in the back wall of the console between the front seats, and it also has USB power, maybe 2 ports/versions of USB.
If you want the bed outlet, either buy the upscale package, build one from parts purchased yourself, or buy the components for that outlet from a dealer or other seller of OEM parts.
tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are two 12V terminations, one per side, in the bed. They are for owner custom 12V applications. I do not know amperage.
The inverter in the truck bed is part of one of the higher-zoot optins, Luxury or Lariat. It also has a 12V plug alongside the 120VAC inverter output plug. It is mounted on the drivers side of the bed, near the tailgate. Outlets are covered with flexible rubberish covers that apparently are to seal out water intrusion/corrosion, etc.
The 400W version is in-cab only, in the back wall of the console between the front seats, and it also has USB power, maybe 2 ports/versions of USB.
If you want the bed outlet, either buy the upscale package, build one from parts purchased yourself, or buy the components for that outlet from a dealer or other seller of OEM parts.
tom
Tom,
To buy the oem parts for the inverter in the flex bed. Wher do you tap into the wiring harness? I have XLT, but I can’t seem to find the wiring to hook up the light, light switch, and the outlet.

please help

·
Registered
75 Posts
Tom,
To buy the oem parts for the inverter in the flex bed. Wher do you tap into the wiring harness? I have XLT, but I can’t seem to find the wiring to hook up the light, light switch, and the outlet.

please help
OEM parts would be a dealer sourced item unless you can find the part numbers and someone has them for sale. I do not know the numbers as I am not a dealer nor employee.
The 12V terminations behind the plugs on either side of the bed are just straight 12V, and are fused in the panel(I think). Your truck should come with one pigtail, a connector that has wires(about 12") that can be plugged into the connector and the wires connected to your 12V accessory. Mine came with the pigtail(wires & connector) in a plastic bag.
tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts