Ford Maverick Forum banner

Should Ford Make a 2 Door Maverick?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was discussed on FB, and I came up with a quick rendering of a 2 door Maverick. I honestly love it. Same overall length, but longer doors for behind-the-seat access and a longer bed.

What do you think?

And of course I had to do one at stock ride height, and another the way I'd like it, lowered with 19" Escape Wheels.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Truck

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is very similar to what I was hoping would get released next year, (I loved the 50mpg Rabbit stick shift diesel pickup)
Maverick needs a stick shift, manual doors, manual locks and a bench seat to complete the look :0

there have been rumors that if the Maverick sells well enough they will offer other body styles, drivetrains, stick/auto and maybe even bring the PHEV(plug) version over.

Too bad this truck didn’t release 5 years ago,might actually be able to buy the one I want by now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This was discussed on FB, and I came up with a quick rendering of a 2 door Maverick. I honestly love it. Same overall length, but longer doors for behind-the-seat access and a longer bed.

What do you think?

And of course I had to do one at stock ride height, and another the way I'd like it, lowered with 19" Escape Wheels.
View attachment 1588
View attachment 1589
It looks like thats a 9’ bed not a 6’ bed . plus it needs to be an extended cab truck . And that hideous baby blue needs to be discontinued please .
The Alto blue is definitely a little more manly . But maybe Ford made the maverick for women !

·
Registered
102 Posts
With zero extra cab space, absolutely NOT.
But if they made an extended (supercab, like my F150) cab, with smaller back seats, and a 5 1/2ft bed, absolutely !

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use to always say, if your going to have all that cab, why not get an SUV and a trailer. But without "some" space behind the seats, where the heck are you going to fit the stereo system ? IMPO, this is the perfect ratio of cab to bed ;) I was totally ready to buy a regular cab... But in 2008, during a major gas crunch, Ford was selling fewer personal F150's than ever (well, fewer F150's period, but the ones they did sell, were mostly work trucks) and so I got a steal of deal... read; Had my arm twisted into getting the Supercab. Basically, the Supercab option was free, and then some ! I paid $23K cash for this truck. Window price was $31K ! After I had it, I was glad I had the extra space. Ripped the back seats completely out, and even sawed off the studs sticking up, 2 weeks after I bought it, and in 13 years, I never thought twice about that ;)
Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Car

·
Registered
240 Posts
Uck on the 2-Dr....Ok with the supercab
The 2 door makes no sense, most will want 4 doors or at the least a supercab for ease of throwing stuff in the back and getting it out... Behind a seat sucks and just gathers dust and not much room to boot. (Think soccer Mom, family's second vehicle)
A 2-door will never be built because it only fits one small demographic group..Singles...kids
Now I possibly see a supercab being built
But your rendering does look good...If I travel alone :)
One last thought....If they decided to build a special Maverick...Hot Rod- Low rider now maybe a 2-Door makes since :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use to always say, if your going to have all that cab, why not get an SUV and a trailer. But without "some" space behind the seats, where the heck are you going to fit the stereo system ? IMPO, this is the perfect ratio of cab to bed ;) I was totally ready to buy a regular cab... But in 2008, during a major gas crunch, Ford was selling fewer personal F150's than ever (well, fewer F150's period, but the ones they did sell, were mostly work trucks) and so I got a steal of deal... read; Had my arm twisted into getting the Supercab. Basically, the Supercab option was free, and then some ! I paid $23K cash for this truck. Window price was $31K ! After I had it, I was glad I had the extra space. Ripped the back seats completely out, and even sawed off the studs sticking up, 2 weeks after I bought it, and in 13 years, I never thought twice about that ;) View attachment 1668
That time period got me my 6 passenger v8 half ton with 40,000 miles for $5000 and only a couple years old.

If gas prices, taxes or other lifestyle changes get driven by the economy we might see that cycle repeat considering how auto makers are in an even worse place to deal with their buyers changing vehicle tastes rapidly

·
Registered
102 Posts
That time period got me my 6 passenger v8 half ton with 40,000 miles for $5000 and only a couple years old.

If gas prices, taxes or other lifestyle changes get driven by the economy we might see that cycle repeat considering how auto makers are in an even worse place to deal with their buyers changing vehicle tastes rapidly
And, with hybrids and electrics coming on strong....
You got a fantastic deal on that half ton !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts