Ford Maverick Forum banner

Should Ford Make a 2 Door Maverick?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was discussed on FB, and I came up with a quick rendering of a 2 door Maverick. I honestly love it. Same overall length, but longer doors for behind-the-seat access and a longer bed.

What do you think?

And of course I had to do one at stock ride height, and another the way I'd like it, lowered with 19" Escape Wheels.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Truck

· Registered
146 Posts
That is very similar to what I was hoping would get released next year, (I loved the 50mpg Rabbit stick shift diesel pickup)
Maverick needs a stick shift, manual doors, manual locks and a bench seat to complete the look :0

there have been rumors that if the Maverick sells well enough they will offer other body styles, drivetrains, stick/auto and maybe even bring the PHEV(plug) version over.

Too bad this truck didn’t release 5 years ago,might actually be able to buy the one I want by now.

· Registered
455 Posts
This was discussed on FB, and I came up with a quick rendering of a 2 door Maverick. I honestly love it. Same overall length, but longer doors for behind-the-seat access and a longer bed.

What do you think?

And of course I had to do one at stock ride height, and another the way I'd like it, lowered with 19" Escape Wheels.
View attachment 1588
View attachment 1589
It looks like thats a 9’ bed not a 6’ bed . plus it needs to be an extended cab truck . And that hideous baby blue needs to be discontinued please .
The Alto blue is definitely a little more manly . But maybe Ford made the maverick for women !

· Registered
138 Posts
I use to always say, if your going to have all that cab, why not get an SUV and a trailer. But without "some" space behind the seats, where the heck are you going to fit the stereo system ? IMPO, this is the perfect ratio of cab to bed ;) I was totally ready to buy a regular cab... But in 2008, during a major gas crunch, Ford was selling fewer personal F150's than ever (well, fewer F150's period, but the ones they did sell, were mostly work trucks) and so I got a steal of deal... read; Had my arm twisted into getting the Supercab. Basically, the Supercab option was free, and then some ! I paid $23K cash for this truck. Window price was $31K ! After I had it, I was glad I had the extra space. Ripped the back seats completely out, and even sawed off the studs sticking up, 2 weeks after I bought it, and in 13 years, I never thought twice about that ;)
Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Car

· Registered
241 Posts
Uck on the 2-Dr....Ok with the supercab
The 2 door makes no sense, most will want 4 doors or at the least a supercab for ease of throwing stuff in the back and getting it out... Behind a seat sucks and just gathers dust and not much room to boot. (Think soccer Mom, family's second vehicle)
A 2-door will never be built because it only fits one small demographic group..Singles...kids
Now I possibly see a supercab being built
But your rendering does look good...If I travel alone :)
One last thought....If they decided to build a special Maverick...Hot Rod- Low rider now maybe a 2-Door makes since :)

· Registered
146 Posts
I use to always say, if your going to have all that cab, why not get an SUV and a trailer. But without "some" space behind the seats, where the heck are you going to fit the stereo system ? IMPO, this is the perfect ratio of cab to bed ;) I was totally ready to buy a regular cab... But in 2008, during a major gas crunch, Ford was selling fewer personal F150's than ever (well, fewer F150's period, but the ones they did sell, were mostly work trucks) and so I got a steal of deal... read; Had my arm twisted into getting the Supercab. Basically, the Supercab option was free, and then some ! I paid $23K cash for this truck. Window price was $31K ! After I had it, I was glad I had the extra space. Ripped the back seats completely out, and even sawed off the studs sticking up, 2 weeks after I bought it, and in 13 years, I never thought twice about that ;) View attachment 1668
That time period got me my 6 passenger v8 half ton with 40,000 miles for $5000 and only a couple years old.

If gas prices, taxes or other lifestyle changes get driven by the economy we might see that cycle repeat considering how auto makers are in an even worse place to deal with their buyers changing vehicle tastes rapidly

· Registered
138 Posts
That time period got me my 6 passenger v8 half ton with 40,000 miles for $5000 and only a couple years old.

If gas prices, taxes or other lifestyle changes get driven by the economy we might see that cycle repeat considering how auto makers are in an even worse place to deal with their buyers changing vehicle tastes rapidly
And, with hybrids and electrics coming on strong....
You got a fantastic deal on that half ton !

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been a while, so I thought I would touch on the responses. I definitely agree with having space behind the seats. As I mentioned in the original post, I extended the doors for behind the seats storage. I realize its easier to see when put side by side to the 4 door maverick.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
308 Posts
Shorten current cab to give it a 6 ft bed but keep same overall length and current front doors. I like this overall length. It fits it today's not as deep garages.
No back door or the "suicide" type for ease of access? Not sure. I would prefer no back door. Looks "cleaner".
Foldable jump seats? maybe. We did like our 1992 Jimmy S-15 Extended Cab with jump seats when we had it.
Are side ways sitting foldable seats even allowed any more for safety?

· Registered
308 Posts
I think a 2 door Maverick isn't terribly likely but it would be nice if Ford offered a version where the rear seats were removed and replaced with flexible storage compartments.
You could remove yours and custom make what you need, or create what you need that would fit in with the bottom back seat folded up and be removable (and stowable in the bed?) if you needed to use the back seat.

· Premium Member
319 Posts
You could remove yours and custom make what you need, or create what you need that would fit in with the bottom back seat folded up and be removable (and stowable in the bed?) if you needed to use the back seat.
I have considered a custom solution but it's not that pressing a concern.

My main thing is I'd like to be able to remove my toolboxes from the bed and put them inside the cab without trashing the seats/upholstery or tipping over because they won't sit flat on the floor. Every once in a while I'll see something at a garage sale that I want to snag and it sucks having a bed that's always full.

I saw someone who used plywood to make a pretty slick system but they were clearly a better carpenter than I am.

I was thinking about using hard foam cutouts to fill in the floorboard and weird shaped storage bins and then putting a piece of wood or maybe thick, durable gym mat material on top (IE non-slip).

· Registered
308 Posts
I have considered a custom solution but it's not that pressing a concern.

My main thing is I'd like to be able to remove my toolboxes from the bed and put them inside the cab without trashing the seats/upholstery or tipping over because they won't sit flat on the floor. Every once in a while I'll see something at a garage sale that I want to snag and it sucks having a bed that's always full.

I saw someone who used plywood to make a pretty slick system but they were clearly a better carpenter than I am.

I was thinking about using hard foam cutouts to fill in the floorboard and weird shaped storage bins and then putting a piece of wood or maybe thick, durable gym mat material on top (IE non-slip).
Could you build a basic plywood container with sides just high enough to keep the tools from sliding out and/or tipping over and shifting around too much that you could keep in the bed and use it in the back seat area with bottom seat folded up with maybe a couple of good rubber bungie straps to hold it in place in the cab when needed?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts