Ford Maverick Forum banner

Should Ford Make a 2 Door Maverick?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
319 Posts
Could you build a basic plywood container with sides just high enough to keep the tools from sliding out and/or tipping over and shifting around too much that you could keep in the bed and use it in the back seat area with bottom seat folded up with maybe a couple of good rubber bungie straps to hold it in place in the cab when needed?
I like the larger container idea...

Here is my situation. I've trimmed things down since this last photo. I went to 2 toolboxes from 3, and got rid of one of the buckets.. and since it's winter I've temporarily removed the cooler.

My problem is that for 95% of my work I only need one tool box. The other 4% takes requires additional tool box. That last 1% takes two storage totes and a bucket.

If only I could cut out that 5% :unsure:

I know I could fit at least half, maybe 2/3rds of this junk in the cab if I only had the right set up.

Product Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Crate

· Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
308 Posts
I like the larger container idea...

Here is my situation. I've trimmed things down since this last photo. I went to 2 toolboxes from 3, and got rid of one of the buckets.. and since it's winter I've temporarily removed the cooler.

My problem is that for 95% of my work I only need one tool box. The other 4% takes requires additional tool box. That last 1% takes two storage totes and a bucket.

If only I could cut out that 5% :unsure:

I know I could fit at least half, maybe 2/3rds of this junk in the cab if I only had the right set up.

View attachment 5134
Yup! That be a bunch of stuff!!!!

· Registered
146 Posts
I think a 2 door Maverick isn't terribly likely but it would be nice if Ford offered a version where the rear seats were removed and replaced with flexible storage compartments.
The only reason 2 doors aren’t on the market is because there are laws that more or less ban their use.

That isn’t to say none are made but when they are the are a double whammy to their corporate fuel economy averagedue to the effects of how # of passengers and passenger space dramatically affecttheMPGs the government uses for the vehicle.

Case of Bad law.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts