Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Maverick 2.0T is capable of 30 MPG when optioned with front-wheel-drive. "For buyers who don't want AWD or the towing package, we learned the truck will return 23 city, 26 highway and 30 mpg combined. Cracking the 30 mpg mark is a good thing for this setup. It also makes a 40-plus mpg figure from the hybrid powertrain much more likely."

·
Registered
84 Posts
Too bad it's not 23 + 26 + 30, combined to get 79 ! Now that would be impressive ! 😀 Lol

Yes, a "not so great" 26 mpg is what I've heard.
If you want the 2.0 version for towing, and extra hp, I'd just quit worrying about mileage then.

Or get one of those half tons with the small turbo diesel getting like 31 to 33 mpg's ! And with more than double the towing of any Maverick. That's pretty amazing, but I just don't need it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
those diesels also contain emissions equipment that requires more maintenance than gas engines do, but you can run them on used McDonalds oil.

26 MPG (if achievable in the real world) is about a 5-6 MPG drop from what I get on my Focus and about the same from my wife's Sonata Hybrid. But we do less driving now as a family. And the teenager's gonna get her own car soon, so there'll be a second vehicle again in a few years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
those diesels also contain emissions equipment that requires more maintenance than gas engines do, but you can run them on used McDonalds oil.

26 MPG (if achievable in the real world) is about a 5-6 MPG drop from what I get on my Focus and about the same from my wife's Sonata Hybrid. But we do less driving now as a family. And the teenager's gonna get her own car soon, so there'll be a second vehicle again in a few years.
This is a 26+ mpg drop from my Prius.... And that's real world driving. In fact, I drive my Prius harder than most, to make money with it, and I've averaged 52.3 (went down a few tenths lately) for the entire 56K miles I've owned it.
I think I would get 40 mpg combined out of the Maverick Hybrid too.
As I have said, after getting hit with huge lawsuits a few years back, for lying about mileage, the estimates are a lot easier to meet.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
310 Posts
I really se no reason for a Silverado or a F-150, unless you own your own business. Or Heavy Tow. This Maverick can haul most all your needs. Plywood, bags of dirt, potted plants, tires, appliances, etc. If it can't you can rent trucks from Home depot by the hour. This little trucklette is perfect for me, and IT WILL FIT IN YOUR UNCLUTTERED GARAGE!!!!!! A major plus to me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I really se no reason for a Silverado or a F-150, unless you own your own business. Or Heavy Tow. This Maverick can haul most all your needs. Plywood, bags of dirt, potted plants, tires, appliances, etc. If it can't you can rent trucks from Home depot by the hour. This little trucklette is perfect for me, and IT WILL FIT IN YOUR UNCLUTTERED GARAGE!!!!!! A major plus to me.
OR, if you have a trailer, or heavier boat to tow. I really never owned anything heavy enough to justify it. I just like driving trucks, (not to mention I stole my truck 08' F150 with a window sticker of $31, for $23K ! Cash ! And walked out owning it, 13 years ago) and for all the years up until now, where we finally have a Hybrid option, I thought small trucks were dumb (after owning both a Chevy S10 and a Toyota Tacoma) because they got so little more mileage than my much bigger, stronger F150. To me, a small truck just didn't make sense > until the Maverick Hybrid. I just always felt like a small truck should get WAY better mileage, than my 1/2 ton F150.... but they just don't. Not even the Maverick 2.0 eco-boost :( But with the Hybrid on the other hand, finally ! :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wanted all wheel drive. I watched the Bronco Sport Badlands in Utah. It did pertty well. It's not the King Kong of rock crawling but it was impressive. I hope the Maverick AWD is as good, have to wait and see.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hell, it will fit in my cluttered garage.

·
Registered
216 Posts
26 is double what get, I would be more than happy with it
40 would be like skies opened up and I was struck by the light
😁

·
Registered
310 Posts
Perhaps all of this is “ new math”, 😅
Sweet 1970, '71,or '72 Maverick. It's unfortunate that they don't get their due. They were really styled well, swoopy, lol. More sleek than a Nova at the time. Compare side by side people will see Ford didn't do that!!! Shame on you FORD! But Ford didn't want to incrouch on Mustang sales. The Maverick did anyway....and for 80 dollars more, you could get a Maverick over a Pinto, anothe rno Brainer......but people.....you know. Just wishing for my BUILD date here....please.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts