Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
So both are exactly the same unit . But Ford chooses to Disables or Inhibit Three things so you are unable to use them if you buy a base model . THANKS Ford way to go .
This is why people are holding back on buying .

·
Registered
180 Posts
More likely it's a consideration for limiting chip usage cutting out the voice and sound processing.

Although with the active sound cancellation on the full Sync 3 I wonder if it will freak out with the addition of a non-stock subwoofer. I had to disconnect some of the mic pickups on my Fusion or it'd go into a feedback loop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So both are exactly the same unit . But Ford chooses to Disables or Inhibit Three things so you are unable to use them if you buy a base model . THANKS Ford way to go .
Who's holding back? Isn't having different features at a different price points exactly the reason for having different trim levels

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not at all the same 'unit.' It's the same screen. The software and supporting hardware is different. If you've ever bought a computer, you might have noticed that they come in different price ranges based on what's inside.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I might be retarded but the only difference worth noticing is the better voice recognition. In any other vehicle an upgraded unit will have a bigger screen and addeded functionalities such as navigation which BTW is normally included in a sync3 unit.

What Ford has done here is pretty cluster#@$#. Most likely to be able to advertise the $20k price point.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I might be retarded but the only difference worth noticing is the better voice recognition. In any other vehicle an upgraded unit will have a bigger screen and addeded functionalities such as navigation which BTW is normally included in a sync3 unit.

What Ford has done here is pretty cluster#@$#. Most likely to be able to advertise the $20k price point.
I would never in life use the word 'retarded' to describe another human being. Make whatever negative post you care to make about the Maverick, which you already hate and have no intention of buying, but do not EVER imply that I would use that word.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would never in life use the word 'retarded' to describe another human being. Make whatever negative post you care to make about the Maverick, which you already hate and have no intention of buying, but do not EVER imply that I would use that word.
What are you talking about? Take a pill!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Sirius/XM radio may be important to some.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I thought @Mav has a Maverick on order. He makes posts that say "FUCK" with no quote so there's no context and people don't understand what he's talking about. It's @Trucklic who posts a lot yet is not buying the Maverick. At least not until "Gen 2" (maybe)

·
Registered
123 Posts
What are you talking about? Take a pill!
Mav, I apologize. I DID mistake you for Trucklic, AND the use of 'retarded' is quite a trigger for me, given that it's a pejorative term for someone with an intellectual disability. Obviously, I should have just ignored your comment instead of responding. I'm sorry.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mmm I think the reservations speak for itself….if anyone I’ve heard is holding out it is mainly because they want to drive it….sit in it etc not because of a radio….most who care about that will put in a multi thousand dollar system anyway

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I’m getting a screen it better have built in NAV that doesn’t require a cellular or data connection for the remote areas that have neither

otherwise rather not have the screen

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I’m getting a screen it better have built in NAV that doesn’t require a cellular or data connection for the remote areas that have neither

otherwise rather not have the screen
I sort of agree, however at least with Google maps you can download the data so that it will work without connectivity. I think for traffic it will use historical data.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I sort of agree, however at least with Google maps you can download the data so that it will work without connectivity. I think for traffic it will use historical data.
Really? Did not know that. That is impressive. Any idea if Apple Maps is the same?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Apple Maps doesn't allow offline maps (even in the new iOS15), but there's workarounds. Also it will keep the map offline if you're en route, but if you stop navigation it won't.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts