Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a loaded AWD 2023 Maverick Lariet with a Luxary Package. My truck has been built as of 1/12/2023. I did verify with the dealer the Luxary Package was on the order. I am just waiting for the truck to be shipped to the dealer. The window sticker shows that my truck was built without the Luxary Pachage. There is quite a few items in that package including heated seats, mirrors, and steering wheel. I live in a cold weather state. Should I still buy the truck. I am thinking it would depreciate the value whenever I go to sell it. Especialy in a cold weather state. I have waited a year for this truck but I am so dissapointed about not having the Luxary Package.

· Registered
14 Posts
That is a question that only you can answer.

Good luck, either way.
Yea, you are the only one that can decide that but I'll give you my experience. When I ordered the XLT I thought that meant I would get all that then came to find out the luxury pkg was xtra and sales person apparently didn't understand that either because he didn't explain that to me. I also waited a yr and was debating the same question. After checking around my area I found a small dealer that offered me $1,000 discount if I placed an order with them, now better educated and excited I placed the order with them also. The first one came in and the dealer would not do the price protection however I decided to go ahead and accept delivery and a few months later, also waited another yr, when the other one came in I bought it also. The first one I was going to sell at an auto auction but changed my mind because I didn't want to have to make two pymts because the auction was 2 months away so after checking with car max and other car dealers I found a GMC dealer that offered me $2,500 more than the sticker price I had paid for it. A few days later I looked at their web site and they were selling it for $4,000 more than they paid me. I had 5,500 miles on the one I sold.;)

· Premium Member
335 Posts
I ordered a loaded AWD 2023 Maverick Lariet with a Luxary Package. My truck has been built as of 1/12/2023. I did verify with the dealer the Luxary Package was on the order. I am just waiting for the truck to be shipped to the dealer. The window sticker shows that my truck was built without the Luxary Pachage. There is quite a few items in that package including heated seats, mirrors, and steering wheel. I live in a cold weather state. Should I still buy the truck. I am thinking it would depreciate the value whenever I go to sell it. Especialy in a cold weather state. I have waited a year for this truck but I am so dissapointed about not having the Luxary Package.
If this were a Hybrid I might buy it and then think about aftermarket for the missing accessories I wanted. For the more easily obtained ecoboost? With a little searching you will be able to find a EB Lariat Luxury or an EB XLT with the Lux + FX4 at or near MSRP. Patience and being willing to look far and wide is the key.

The Lariat without the luxury package doesn't really feel like a Lariat. To spend that much money and not pay another 2.6k to get those creature comforts seems like a raw deal.

Living in a cold weather state I think the windshield wiper de-icer, heated steering wheel, seats, mirrors would be critical. I'm thankful almost every day for my heated steering wheel!

Losing the Sync 3 display would be huge. It's a much more responsive and modern unit. The XL/XLT display is often described as clunky and already outdated. (Sync 3 is outdated, too but it's better)

The Luxury package also makes the trailer hitch receiver as standard equipment... does your window sticker have a hitch? I wouldn't even consider a maverick without a hitch.

The stereo system upgrade is gone. So is siriusXM radio (not a big deal to me, but critical for some).

There are a few others things as well that you'd be missing out on.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this were a Hybrid I might buy it and then think about aftermarket for the missing accessories I wanted. For the more easily obtained ecoboost? With a little searching you will be able to find a EB Lariat Luxury or an EB XLT with the Lux + FX4 at or near MSRP. Patience and being willing to look far and wide is the key.

The Lariat without the luxury package doesn't really feel like a Lariat. To spend that much money and not pay another 2.6k to get those creature comforts seems like a raw deal.

Living in a cold weather state I think the windshield wiper de-icer, heated steering wheel, seats, mirrors would be critical. I'm thankful almost every day for my heated steering wheel!

Losing the Sync 3 display would be huge. It's a much more responsive and modern unit. The XL/XLT display is often described as clunky and already outdated. (Sync 3 is outdated, too but it's better)

The Luxury package also makes the trailer hitch receiver as standard equipment... does your window sticker have a hitch? I wouldn't even consider a maverick without a hitch.

The stereo system upgrade is gone. So is siriusXM radio (not a big deal to me, but critical for some).

There are a few others things as well that you'd be missing out on.
Thank you for your comments. I totally feel the the same about missing the luxury package. It won't feel like a lariat without it. I do have a towing package, AWD, tonneau cover, moonroof, ford co-pilot 360,& protective film hood & fenders. I loaded it up but very dissapointed about lack of lux pkg. Honestly, I think I will not take it.

· Registered
29 Posts
Thank you for your comments. I totally feel the the same about missing the luxury package. It won't feel like a lariat without it. I do have a towing package, AWD, tonneau cover, moonroof, ford co-pilot 360,& protective film hood & fenders. I loaded it up but very dissapointed about lack of lux pkg. Honestly, I think I will not take it.
take delivery and sell it for profit. If you don’t the dealership will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts