Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Reading the tea leaves on this....

It would seem the greatest constraints will be add-on accessories.

Mud guards, paint film, bed dividers, tonneau covers ETC have a shockingly low %... Lord help you if you select a vehicle with all of the above.

·
Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid, Ordered: 11/14/21
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reading the tea leaves on this....

It would seem the greatest constraints will be add-on accessories.

Mud guards, paint film, bed dividers, tonneau covers ETC have a shockingly low %... Lord help you if you select a vehicle with all of the above.
You are spot on. I took off all my accessories a month ago (Priority 19). The next week I went to Priority 02 and was scheduled the following week. A clone of my order (with all the accessories) did not make the cut.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So...what if you want a hybrid Lariat luxury with 360 Co-pilot? How many of those can be built?
I don't know if I am good enough at math to figure that out! I don't know if we can accurately estimate that number.... will the Lux pkg or 360 Co-pilot be evenly distributed between EcoBoost and Hybrid? Or will early EcoBoost orders snatch an overabundance of Lux and 360 packages, and there will be fewer left for the hybrids?

·
Registered
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid Carbonized Gray Basic Package
13 Posts
Lux package was removed 3/2/2022 from XLT. Here we are 09/14/2022 and still no production day. I think there is a priority list of dealerships that trumps order or order date. I have seen people who have order after my ordering date [10/21/2021] get their Maverick Lariat with Lux package included.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lux package was removed 3/2/2022 from XLT. Here we are 09/14/2022 and still no production day. I think there is a priority list of dealerships that trumps order or order date. I have seen people who have order after my ordering date [10/21/2021] get their Maverick Lariat with Lux package included.
Allocation is still a thing, even though the age of orders was being prioritized. It all depends on how many orders each of those other dealerships had as well. And what constrained items all of those orders had...or did not have. There are many factors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think hybrids will be difficult. Demand will be way higher than capacity. But yours not having other constrained items will give you a better chance to be scheduled earlier!
The fuel mileage of the hybrid will pretty much offset my payment if it wasn't for that I would be tempted to go for the 2.0.

Here is what I don't understand. They list the hybrid as a standard option yet only allocated 35%

·
Registered
55 Posts
The fuel mileage of the hybrid will pretty much offset my payment if it wasn't for that I would be tempted to go for the 2.0.

Here is what I don't understand. They list the hybrid as a standard option yet only allocated 35%
Parts availability. They obviously underestimated the demand for the hybrid Maverick. And then the war in Ukraine causing a big increase in gas prices has made more and more people want hybrids. If Ford could, they would build as many as possible to keep up w/ demand. But the parts don't exist.

I was hopeful that since they knew of the high demand for hybrids by this time last year, that they would have been to source more parts.

Hybrid Escapes, Hybrid F-150, Hybrid Explorers all in short supply as well.

·
Registered
Carbonized Gray Lariat Lux 360/360A Hybrid
283 Posts
Do you have a VIN? What does your dealership say your status reads?

I was suffering the same as you...no VIN, no news from dealer. Then I called Ford Marketing, gave them my Order # and info, they gave me a build week and a VIN. If you haven't called Big Ford, maybe you should. You might be surprised. (I ordered a Lariat 360 Lux Hybrid on 11/9/21.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts