Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are people really willing to pay over msrp for a dealer to punch a few keys to order a special order vehicle ? The dealer I was working with told me "msrp no markups, no games no fluff " to order one back in June. Today he says "$3000 over msrp" to order a 2023. Obviously I'm not ordering it from them, but are dealers elsewhere charging over msrp to order you a vehicle? More importantly are people willing to pay that to hurry up and wait for a vehicle? Thank you

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
488 Posts
Are people really willing to pay over msrp for a dealer to punch a few keys to order a special order vehicle ? The dealer I was working with told me "msrp no markups, no games no fluff " to order one back in June. Today he says "$3000 over msrp" to order a 2023. Obviously I'm not ordering it from them, but are dealers elsewhere charging over msrp to order you a vehicle? More importantly are people willing to pay that to hurry up and wait for a vehicle? Thank you
Find a reputable dealer and report that one to FORD. They want to hear about scalawag dealers like that to fine them for violating their guidelines!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh for sure. The guy seemed honest at first. Really I can't fault the salesman, he seems to disagree but it's the "owner " but either way they aren't getting my business.

I would report to Ford if I knew how.. haha.. I'm sure they don't truly care, but it would make me feel alittle better if they feel some consequences to their actions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks.. I'll give them a call!

I also noticed they put at priority 19! You would think for charging $3000 over they could at least try priority 10! I'm sure it won't be long for dealers to up charge to up your priority .

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ok thanks.. I'll give them a call!

I also noticed they put at priority 19! You would think for charging $3000 over they could at least try priority 10! I'm sure it won't be long for dealers to up charge to up your priority .
For right now the ONLY priority 10s should be those that have waited many, many months for a 2022, which are now rolled over into a 2023.

·
Registered
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL Alto Blue
4 Posts
Hello folks!
This is my first post.
I just placed my order today (9/17/2022) - 2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT Alto Blue. My local Ford dealer did not charge anything over the MSRP.
I did notice that my priority code is "80". Based on what I am hearing on this thread, a "10" is a high priority.
So what can I expect with an "80"? Over 8 months?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hello folks!
This is my first post.
I just placed my order today (9/17/2022) - 2023 ford maverick hybrid XLT Alto Blue. My local Ford dealer did not charge anything over the MSRP.
I did notice that my priority code is "80". Based on what I am hearing on this thread, a "10" is a high priority.
Yes, 80 is not good. Who knows what will happen for 2023. Hopefully better than 2022!!!

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
209 Posts
Hello folks!
This is my first post.
I just placed my order today (9/17/2022) - 2023 ford maverick hybrid XLT Alto Blue. My local Ford dealer did not charge anything over the MSRP.
Someone more in the know should chime in, but since you are ordering, you should be, at the worst, a Priority 19. Anything after that, up to 99, are dealer inventory orders (I believe...someone in the business can give you the truest answer. Maybe send an email to Tim the Ford Video Guy.)

As far as how long, it all depends on the chip shortage. I had a Priority 19. I ordered 11/9/21 and just barely got my VIN and Build Week (10/24/22). Hopefully, you won't have to wait as long.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had a Priority 19. I ordered 11/9/21 and just barely got my VIN and Build Week (10/24/22). Hopefully, you won't have to wait as long.
I ordered on EXACT same day, a bare bones hybrid except for trailer hitch. I (unfortunately) have no idea what priority number I had. Fortunately, my rollover from XLT 2022 to 2023 XL savings are well worth the wait! :D I'm glad I didn't get my 2022 order recently.

·
Registered
488 Posts
View attachment 4466 Thanks! I’m patient, and I’m willing to wait, but that “80” sounds like I’m in for a long wait.
I attached the order that my salesman gave me.
Yes, it does, but "hopefully" less time than MANY of us have waited. In my case, over 10 mos. to find out it is a rollover to a 2023, but at priority 10. Have no idea what it was until now.

FYI: You should DROP the bedliner so you can get it WAY sooner, and then add it later.

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
209 Posts
If dropping the bedliner will speed things up. I’ll change that immediately. How long are we talking?
Thanks for sharing the info!
Anything that's a constraint item you should drop and get outside the factory build. So bedliner and liner/mats. We are talking multiple months! For example, your truck could be already assembled, but your liner/mats are on a slow boat from China; your truck will not be considered "built" until they come in. It'll sit in a lot until they do. Then, if it's gotta go to a shop for the bedliner....you catch my drift. Make those changes and ask the dealership why you aren't at a 19 Priority Code like other special orders. You should get your truck sooner than later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered today and got a similar sheet with an 80 priority code....dealer also said its the preview sheet before they entered as my order to confirm my options...I'm looking at fx4 with rear sliding window as only additional option above the 300a that comes with fx4...I don't believe there are any constraint issues with the build so fingers crossed priority code changes once I get my order confirmed through Ford.

No dealer mark up and no worse that internet advertised interest rate written on my sheet with signatures and deposit....thanks for all the advice to this group and YouTube.

I'll continue to update and agree that it's only right to have converted 2022s given the best priority codes. I'm hoping my build not having constraints moves me up too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts