Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid XL Alto Blue
4 Posts
[
I just ordered today and got a similar sheet with an 80 priority code....dealer also said its the preview sheet before they entered as my order to confirm my options...I'm looking at fx4 with rear sliding window as only additional option above the 300a that comes with fx4...I don't believe there are any constraint issues with the build so fingers crossed priority code changes once I get my order confirmed through Ford.

No dealer mark up and no worse that internet advertised interest rate written on my sheet with signatures and deposit....thanks for all the advice to this group and YouTube.

I'll continue to update and agree that it's only right to have converted 2022s given the best priority codes. I'm hoping my build not having constraints moves me up too.
Thanks bonham4delegate!
Your explanation is much appreciated.
I just joined today and this forum has already been super helpful.
I'm glad I found it.

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
198 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I've considered dropping me XLT luxury package from my order give what they have removed. Did you get anything in writing on the $2750 incentive?
There may be something that was posted on this site, but you'd have to search. Here's the video from the Ford Video Guy (Tim) that breaks it down. Fast forward to 38:30 for Maverick-specific info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There may be something that was posted on this site, but you'd have to search. Here's the video from the Ford Video Guy (Tim) that breaks it down. Fast forward to 38:30 for Maverick-specific info.
Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. The XL is definitely more of a stripped down work truck. It does make me wonder if more people will opt for this with new orders in 2023 given the restraints and alacarte options for my of the other items.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are people really willing to pay over msrp for a dealer to punch a few keys to order a special order vehicle ? The dealer I was working with told me "msrp no markups, no games no fluff " to order one back in June. Today he says "$3000 over msrp" to order a 2023. Obviously I'm not ordering it from them, but are dealers elsewhere charging over msrp to order you a vehicle? More importantly are people willing to pay that to hurry up and wait for a vehicle? Thank you
[/QUOTE
Right now, Serramonte Ford in Daly City, CA, I see over 20 Mavericks that you can drive off their lot if you're willing to pay a $10,495 mark-up....NO THANK YOU....who's that desperate...??? I went with Walnut Creek Ford, about 30 miles from home, where they, and I quote: "Also, for your peace of mind, we are committed to adhering to our pledge of not marking up any of our vehicles over MSRP (with the exception of the specialty Raptor and Shelby vehicles).". As they say, it remains to be seen...sent them my order details on the 14th and waiting to get confirmation to come in and sign...but I remain patient and not desperate...already "got a ride" and maintain control AND my wallet...!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer in Illinois gave me a sheet for new 2023 order
XLT 300a equipment group FX4 manual sliding window destination charge
Looks like 29125 for msrp on sheet and for a 2022 build and price it would have been about 28500. So very very similar build is up less than 700. It's also written in no higher than msrp and best current rates.

I did place a 100 deposit, so time will tell if I would have paid a mark up or if I would have left a larger deposit would have resulted in a quicker delivery.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I would have paid 30k to drive off the lot Saturday even if it was a demo and had some miles. Obviously others will pay as much as 10k over MSRP. If 8 to 12 months is estimated wait time, how much someone is willing to pay to jump the line is gonna vary. I'm not gonna shame those that are willing to pay over, I'll even admit I appreciate that if I hate it after I get it, I know I won't take a loss like most new vehicles

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 4466 Thanks! I’m patient, and I’m willing to wait, but that “80” sounds like I’m in for a long wait.
I attached the order that my salesman gave me.
Funny your order says stock. Mine says retail. I thought stock orders were placed by the dealer to sell from their inventory not placed for an individual but who knows I’m Jes sayin. Btw. This is my first post on the forum, and I placed an order for a lariat hybrid loaded in cactus green. Also have a Mustang Mach E and order from February and don’t expect to see it before the maverick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You have to understand that many of the people who are buying vehicles over MSRP are doing it for their business and the money they make using a vehicle for profit is the fact that they don't mind kind of getting screwed by the dealer. I have a guy who runs Uber cars and he's bought Cars way over MSRP just to get them on the road because it's just a money train for him. Same with small trucks for businesses if you need a truck a hybrid maverick will save you so much money. You don't mind paying a little more upfront.
Jes sayin. No shame. It's business.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Funny your order says stock. Mine says retail. I thought stock orders were placed by the dealer to sell from their inventory not placed for an individual but who knows I’m Jes sayin.
That's a good catch. I'm gonna say that it's not a true customer order. Stock would seem that the vehicle will come out of the dealer's allocation, not a build from the factory. I hope the Original Orderer didn't put down a deposit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's a good catch. I'm gonna say that it's not a true customer order. Stock would seem that the vehicle will come out of the dealer's allocation, not a build from the factory. I hope the Original Orderer didn't put down a deposit.
Yeah. I’d check it out and get it affirmed with the dealer or FMC. Right now the dealer can do whatever he wants to it when it comes in.
Jes sayin

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah. I’d check it out and get it affirmed with the dealer or FMC. Right now the dealer can do whatever he wants to it when it comes in.
Jes sayin
Yup. Add on dealer fees, expensive accessories, unwanted glass etchings & undercarriage sprays, etc. Hope @MavNick catches this. A stock order is an open invitation for frustration and tomfoolery. Get it changed to a retail order in your name! You can always turn it down when it comes in if you change your mind. The dealer won't care; he knows it'll sell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received an email two days before I placed my order! My salesman knew what I wanted but, said the dealership had to clear customers that had ordered 2022's before they would place new orders. This was Friday (9/16). The next day I got the email, for the wrong truck. I want the gas not the hybrid and the order was for a hybrid. I have corrected w/the dealer and my order is confirmed correctly. My question(s). Why did I get the Ford email and will it effect my correct order? I have not received an email for the corrected order placed on Tuesday (9/20).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are people really willing to pay over msrp for a dealer to punch a few keys to order a special order vehicle ? The dealer I was working with told me "msrp no markups, no games no fluff " to order one back in June. Today he says "$3000 over msrp" to order a 2023. Obviously I'm not ordering it from them, but are dealers elsewhere charging over msrp to order you a vehicle? More importantly are people willing to pay that to hurry up and wait for a vehicle? Thank you
Some dealers will never charge over MSRP.. Autonation won't sell for over, even if you walk in with 10k in cash to offer more. Additionally, they won't charge for the dealer add-ons other dealers do...Phoenix area is $3,335 avg. Call around, check with dealers to find out first. But, Autonation does not!
Autonation Mesa, my Elantra GT...paid cash, during closing to pay doc fee, tax, license, the finance guy gave me $2k off for being Costco member, even though I didn't know about that offer. So of course it earned my business when I looked at Santa Cruz vs Maverick. Keeping the Elantra, but also buying Maverick.
Autonation Ford, Scottsdale. MSRP, code 19, confirmation email from Ford in 8 hours.
Plus Autonation gives millions back annually to support breast cancer. 👍

21 - 35 of 35 Posts