Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is a common feature of AWD Toyota hybrids

I’m wondering when the PHEV Maverick will come stateside

Ford sells a plug in hybrid version of the Mavericks drivetrain in Europe, when the PHEV arrives (3+ years?) we might see e-AWD come over as well.

im hoping the “long box” bench seat Maverick isn’t 3 years off as has been speculated, my old truck has maybe a year left in the front end.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking about adding the electric axle to the model that is coming out in a couple months. Not a plug in that's a different thread. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm talking about adding the electric axle to the model that is coming out in a couple months. Not a plug in that's a different thread. Thanks
not really
same process either way and the PHEV drivetrain is beefier and better in every way.
If your plan is to build a custom $100,000 Maverick you might as well do it right

Also I’ve only ever seen the PHEV as AWD

but if you insist it’s EXACTLY THE SAME as the NA Escape hybrid AWD system

you would need to source a wrecked NA AWD Hybrid Escape and move components over, likely also need softwareupdates

·
Registered
13 Posts
not really
same process either way and the PHEV drivetrain is beefier and better in every way.
If your plan is to build a custom $100,000 Maverick you might as well do it right

Also I’ve only ever seen the PHEV as AWD

but if you insist it’s EXACTLY THE SAME as the NA Escape hybrid AWD system

you would need to source a wrecked NA AWD Hybrid Escape and move components over, likely also need softwareupdates
Just wait until next year when its factory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts