Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the forums (been perusing them for about a week). I’m looking at the Lariat Luxury Package and it mentions an 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability. Is that replacing the screen in the center console? If so, sounds like it would really improve the center console appearance. If anyone can clarify what that is I’d appreciate it. Really intrigued by this truck…would love to see them announce an electric version.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It's just a functionality upgrade of the infotainment screen to full Sync 3 (minus Navigation) from the slightly feature limited version in the lower trims. Swipe, voice control, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's just a functionality upgrade of the infotainment screen to full Sync 3 (minus Navigation) from the slightly feature limited version in the lower trims. Swipe, voice control, etc.
I’m not sure I understand what the upgrade is when they specifically say “swipe capability.”

There’s no way the base touchscreen is resistive instead of capacitive, and it has basic swipe capabilities already. Here at 12:22 (timestamped link) shows swiping in an XLT, which isn’t the “enhanced” one, and doesn’t have navigation.

Does anyone know what they mean here? Again focusing on what they mean when they say “swipe.”

·
Registered
92 Posts
It could be that the others are resistive type screens, which you can still swipe, but they are a lot harder to swipe vs a capacitive screen. Just seems odd that they would specifically mention capacity on the Lariat which also support Sync 3. Just makes me wonder if its a tad bit better technology, but that is anyone guess really.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It could be that the others are resistive type screens, which you can still swipe, but they are a lot harder to swipe vs a capacitive screen. Just seems odd that they would specifically mention capacity on the Lariat which also support Sync 3. Just makes me wonder if its a tad bit better technology, but that is anyone guess really.
I think you’re right that they may be resistive. I think the “swiping” that we see on the Doug Demuro vid as well as other videos I’ve been watching is really the screen detecting that a swipe occurred in a certain direction, and moving it. Thats very different from a capacitive screen where its constantly monitoring exactly in what position your fingers are. Kind of a bummer for me but it could be implemented well. Some may prefer resistive to use with gloves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts