Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a...ting-screwed-by-last-minute-delivery-markups/

I read this today and realized the model of "going to the dealership" to order vehicles is possibly outdated, I would even say frustrating . Even with the Maverick, I find it sad that some dealers on here are advertising 3% under invoice, 4% under invoice making some of us wonder - hey am I getting the best deal or worse - am I getting ripped off from my local dealer ? ( We aren't getting the best deal obviously ) Why is my dealer not doing that ? Those discount dealers have over 400 orders ( or more ) This then gives them "more allocation" supposedly- Huh ? . - then knowing if you decide to decline picking up your Maverick when delivered as nothing is set until that time, the dealer will mark it up 5K and sell it on the lot .......
While going and buying from dealer stock and "negotiating" which I hate anyway is one sales model - ordering from the manufacturer who gives a msrp AT the dealership then having to then be at the mercy of the dealer AFTER it comes in months or years later in the case of the Bronco - Im trying to understand how this model works in 2021. While Im not trying to be negative about The Maverick - after ordering in August Im not really SURE Ill actually have one. A dealer can make MUCH more money on the truck if I refuse to pick it up so why not turn the tables at the end if they are dishonest - ( not that dealerships are ever dishonest ....... ) - confusing - yes. Possibly causing confusion to a consumer - yes. Ford really doesnt "need" dealerships for anything other than service and parts truthfully and could control the whole sales process - yet the corporation stands back and says well uhh - the dealerships are independent and we cant tell them what to do .... reading this article made me really sad as well as thinking to my self - I wish I got 4% off lol ........ will they try to jack up the price after waiting 6 or more months ? like I said great product however I think folks should be able to be more confident in the sales process as far as their "we want you to order it " model.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would certainly like to see the dealership model modified. Maybe remove vehicle sales altogether, since that seems to be the #1 pain point. Keep the rest of the functions - test drives, consultation (think "genius bar"), accessories, and service. Staff would be salaried Ford employees.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts