Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading there's no Nav option which kind of bothers me a bit. The phone has to be used and the system isn't wireless. Yes, using Google is better but I like the look of Nav on the dash and hate dealing with wires.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm reading there's no Nav option which kind of bothers me a bit. The phone has to be used and the system isn't wireless. Yes, using Google is better but I like the look of Nav on the dash and hate dealing with wires.
You will see a Nav map , it will be on the screen from your plugged in smart phone. Really simple. I like the waze app for navigation, it will let you know about any road traffic ahead of you. Easy

·
Registered
123 Posts
why don't they offer a simple navigation. It's pretty much freeware these days!!! Do you want a link?

·
Registered
24 Posts
You will see a Nav map , it will be on the screen from your plugged in smart phone. Really simple. I like the waze app for navigation, it will let you know about any road traffic ahead of you. Easy
Also, just to add, the wireless systems are often laggy, glitchy and disconnect randomly. Some are better than others, but there's no denying the reliability and cost savings in this setup.

Lincoln will happily sell any of you guys/gals a beautiful Corsair if you want a compact luxury vehicle. This isn't it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The same reason they don't offer a CD player. Because most people use their phones, and it saves money when the goal was to produce a low-price vehicle.
The one I priced out and I am interested in is over $38K. Not far from a discounted Ranger Lariat 4x4.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Google maps, Apple Maps, Waze or any other app is a thousand times better than any built in nav system. Also those apps get updated all the time to be better in features. If you don’t want to deal with a wire you could always get a zip tie or strap to keep the wire shorter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After seeing close up pics of the interior wiith all the hard plastics and odd colors in the vinyl look brown/black leather look interior, I'm out at $38K.
Good luck, guys. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The same reason they don't offer a CD player. Because most people use their phones, and it saves money when the goal was to produce a low-price vehicle.
Especially since Google maps includes the ability to download maps in advance in case the signal is lost.

I consider that a definite upgrade from the usb downloaded mapping on my 2017 Toyota that's always just a little bit out of date.

·
Registered
224 Posts
totally agree. Phone will have to be charged all the time

·
Registered
28 Posts
What’s the problem with having to plug your phone in? Takes what, less than 3sec to do it and have all the benefits of your phones capability on the factory display?
Biggest issue I have had with plugging a phone in, is the port wears out on your phone. Otherwise I don't mind plugging my phone in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Biggest issue I have had with plugging a phone in, is the port wears out on your phone. Otherwise I don't mind plugging my phone in.
I just don't charge as much at home or work so I don't worry about over charging or wearing out the port.

For those still on the fence, Apple Carplay and Android Auto are superior experiences to using Sync 3 or whatever, not just in regards to maps. I listen to podcasts on Overcast and music on Apple Music and using the screen versus the phone is so much better. I feel that the people who complain about issues like above just haven't used Carplay/AA to its full potential.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I feel like the is a non issue with usb c and lightning charging ports. Maybe I am mistaken as my phones typically stop working right after 2 years anyway.

·
Registered
24 Posts
After seeing close up pics of the interior wiith all the hard plastics and odd colors in the vinyl look brown/black leather look interior, I'm out at $38K.
Good luck, guys. Thanks for your input.
Oh noes! A cheap vehicle that looks cheap! No, go spec out a Corolla and wonder why a Lexus is still nicer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts