Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Probably very likely you can buy an XLT steering wheel and add it. You can Google "Forscan cruise control" to read various threads about doing it on many vehicles. It can be very straight forward or a pain in the butt depending on where they hid everything which might need enabling since it is not the same on all models. Someone will figure it out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Probably very likely you can buy an XLT steering wheel and add it. You can Google "Forscan cruise control" to read various threads about doing it on many vehicles. It can be very straight forward or a pain in the butt depending on where they hid everything which might need enabling since it is not the same on all models. Someone will figure it out.
I would think it should be this simple. Pretty much all cars these days are electronic throttle, so it just needs buttons, and the software enabled.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would think it should be this simple. Pretty much all cars these days are electronic throttle, so it just needs buttons, and the software enabled.
Keep in mind though that we don't know yet what needs to be enabled in which module.
In another thread it was determined that the GEM module between XL and XLT are different. Does the GEM need a parameter changed? Don't know. Does the XL GEM have that parameter? Can the XL and XLT GEM be swapped and then configured? No one knows at this point. Could be going down a rabbit hole.
Or, hopefully, it's simply a command in the PCM, switching cruise control from "disabled" to "enabled" once it sees a correct steering wheel config?
Lots of reading up to do if one wants to do this, or wait until someone figures it out. At this point in my life I just went with the XLT.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's what I did on my '05 F150 XL. Only I had the dealer turn it on for me. Worked Great

·
Registered
219 Posts
That's what I did on my '05 F150 XL. Only I had the dealer turn it on for me. Worked Great
But.... Just in case it's not super easy. Here is a link to a site that details what one never had to do to enable cruise on his new Ranger. I am not saying it will be the same on the Maverick because we just don't know yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is my bet too and that is why I got the XL. Ford is saving a lot of resources by keeping the vehicles similar and toggling features on and off. Having different configurations and harnesses adds complexity and costs.

All that is needed to add basic CC is probably this switch Cruise Control Switch and Forscan adaptations.

Note that this one has the ACC feature too. My plan is to add the front radar module at some point down the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts