Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light

I absolutely LOVE the way the blacked-out MAVERICK lettering looks on the tailgate, but I'm way too cheap to pay the $99 Ford wants in the configurator.
Looking at stuff like this (FITS 2022 Ford Maverick Tailgate Indent Decals --- MANY COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM | eBay) but totally open to suggestions.
Has anyone tried any aftermarket options yet? I'd love to hear honest reviews and how easy/hard you found the install process.
Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
View attachment 2327
I absolutely LOVE the way the blacked-out MAVERICK lettering looks on the tailgate, but I'm way too cheap to pay the $99 Ford wants in the configurator.
Looking at stuff like this (FITS 2022 Ford Maverick Tailgate Indent Decals --- MANY COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM | eBay) but totally open to suggestions.
Has anyone tried any aftermarket options yet? I'd love to hear honest reviews and how easy/hard you found the install process.
Thanks!
View attachment 2327
Thanks!
Thanks for the post as that is what I was looking for. They also have a black look lettering that reflects like a mirror finish at night when headlights hits them. Cool

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered the polished stainless lettering from accessories.ford.ca for $102.70 CDN and picked them up yesterday. It's too cold here in Southern Ontario to put them on but I thought I had better take a look at the fit and finish. Severely disappointed in the finish along the edges. It's obvious to me being a millwright, that they were manufactured by taking a sheet of polished stainless steel and covering with a plastic film on the top to protect the polished finish and the 3M adhesive was placed on the bottom side. Then the sheet was cut with a laser to produce the letters. The edges on all of the letters has a burnt oxide residue and as far as I'm concerned, this oxide should have been removed. Had I known how bad the finish was, I wouldn't have ordered them. Shame on Putco for the cheap finish of this product.
I'm going to spend probably 5 or 6 hours with a honing stone cleaning up these letters before installing and then polishing them again with Autosol. I may have to replace the 3m adhesive as well because the horizontal bars on the letter "E" and the middle bar on the letter "R"- when the laser cut these areas, the 3M adhesive got burnt back too far and I don't feel there's enough adhesive left behind to properly install them.
Just a word to the wise.
I may try to return these to Ford but I doubt I can since they were a special order.
J

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered the polished stainless lettering from accessories.ford.ca for $102.70 CDN and picked them up yesterday. It's too cold here in Southern Ontario to put them on but I thought I had better take a look at the fit and finish. Severely disappointed in the finish along the edges. It's obvious to me being a millwright, that they were manufactured by taking a sheet of polished stainless steel and covering with a plastic film on the top to protect the polished finish and the 3M adhesive was placed on the bottom side. Then the sheet was cut with a laser to produce the letters. The edges on all of the letters has a burnt oxide residue and as far as I'm concerned, this oxide should have been removed. Had I known how bad the finish was, I wouldn't have ordered them. Shame on Putco for the cheap finish of this product.
I'm going to spend probably 5 or 6 hours with a honing stone cleaning up these letters before installing and then polishing them again with Autosol. I may have to replace the 3m adhesive as well because the horizontal bars on the letter "E" and the middle bar on the letter "R"- when the laser cut these areas, the 3M adhesive got burnt back too far and I don't feel there's enough adhesive left behind to properly install them.
Just a word to the wise.
I may try to return these to Ford but I doubt I can since they were a special order.
J
I bought the ones from ETSY for $30. Since my SLT has not shown up yet I can't comment if I like them, but someone on the other website said they looked good.
fyi . Where is my Maverick.😹

1 - 9 of 9 Posts