Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! While my Lariat Lux Pkg. Hybrid (Alto Blue, tyvm!) still hasn't been scheduled for production, the release of the official accessories/add-on's list got me thinking about a few things, nonetheless. My main concern is the apparent lack of a built-in Homelink relay button, on the Maverick's rearview mirror. As far as I can tell, none of the trim levels mention Homelink at all.

Ultimately it's a minor issue (perhaps even a non-issue, tbh) but admittedly I've gotten used to having it on my current car, and in a perfect world I would like to continue having that convenience, lol. I mean, I can't even remember where my garage door clicker even is, off the top of my head. 馃

Anyway, I guess my question is: Do you think there will be an aftermarket rearview mirror with built-in Homelink, made specifically for the Maverick? I have no problem waiting a couple of months for one to come out, because I usually like to buy things made specifically for the make and model of whatever vehicle I'm driving, when possible. Otherwise, has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with installing and using an aftermarket Homelink rearview mirror? Do you have any suggestions as to a good one that would be sized to the Maverick and its viewing area, etc.

Any replies with suggestions, experiences, or other workarounds would be much appreciated!

Registered
I'm sure when the Maverick is out, they will update their page. At this point, it would just be experimentation. Bookmark it, wait until someone gets one, then verify if it has the same connector for the autodim power.

Registered
I installed a cheap add-on to my opener that allows me to open and close the garage with my Google Assistant or Alexa. Also has a widget for my smartphone screen.

Registered
Just read that Alexa can talk with the Ford App and start/stop, lock/unlock, etc. On the mavtrkclub web site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts