Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a recent interview Ford CEO Jim Farley “expressed confidence that the Maverick would be a hit, saying he could envision Ford producing a family of Maverick variants, including an electric model.”

He also said “The electrification of the industry is a big change, and I think it wasn’t clear until we launched Lightning and Mach-E that Ford was going to be a winner in this new electric reality. Now investors are betting on Ford, and what they’re telling me is, ‘The strategy is attractive, Go execute it, Farley.'”

This rendering shows what a production version could look like.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Everyone knows it's coming. Imagine how good the regular Maverick is, add in a ton more power and a frunk and you have a compelling baby lightning

·
Registered
105 Posts
In a recent interview Ford CEO Jim Farley “expressed confidence that the Maverick would be a hit, saying he could envision Ford producing a family of Maverick variants, including an electric model.”

He also said “The electrification of the industry is a big change, and I think it wasn’t clear until we launched Lightning and Mach-E that Ford was going to be a winner in this new electric reality. Now investors are betting on Ford, and what they’re telling me is, ‘The strategy is attractive, Go execute it, Farley.'”

This rendering shows what a production version could look like.
View attachment 443
its definitely coming!
the new VW/Ford compact platform is coming around 2025. That platform will be used as a EV version of the C2. Escape, Bronco Sport, Maverick, Transit Connect, maybe even a Fusion all on that platform. Should get close to 300mi of range and be decently priced. (Say <$30,000 for a EV Maverick.)

·
Registered
105 Posts

that’s the first one be due out in Europe next year. (Like a Mini Mach E) but ford has said they are working on MULTIPLE different bodies for the platform. Car (fusion) Van (Transit connect) truck (Maverick) those will likely be in 2025 or slightly later.

also can I buy just that platform please?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ford shared this photo teasing the Maverick EV could be coming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my experience....I have a Ford Fusion Energi (Plugin) and my wife has a Ford Fusion Hybrid...the Hybrid is better. I would not be interested in an electric Maverick. Maybe if you live in San Diego and never have to run the AC or Heat. Otherwise, the regular hybrid is much better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
In my experience....I have a Ford Fusion Energi (Plugin) and my wife has a Ford Fusion Hybrid...the Hybrid is better. I would not be interested in an electric Maverick. Maybe if you live in San Diego and never have to run the AC or Heat. Otherwise, the regular hybrid is much better.
Fusion energy is old technology. We have come a long way since then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fusion energy is old technology. We have come a long way since then.
Please enlighten me. Would the new hypothetical Maverick electric car not use the battery for heat and air conditioning? As far as cost per mile goes, a hybrid is superior to an electric car in any situation other than 72 degrees outside temp with windows down and not heat/no ac...in my experience. This is a good thing for those of us interested in a Ford Maverick.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Please enlighten me. Would the new hypothetical Maverick electric car not use the battery for heat and air conditioning? As far as cost per mile goes, a hybrid is superior to an electric car in any situation other than 72 degrees outside temp with windows down and not heat/no ac...in my experience. This is a good thing for those of us interested in a Ford Maverick.
Most EVs do use the main battery for heat and A/C but even running your AC all the time would only use about 3kw. So 300 miles on 100kwh battery. That’s still 260+ with full ac.
You will loose about the same in a gas car or hybrid

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay Ill give the a/c to you but... the reason an electric vehicle is more efficient than a gasoline hybrid vehicle is because it doesn’t have the loss in energy due to waste heat. Depending on the price of gas, if you can use that waste heat for the cabin heat, then you are better off with the gasline hybrid in cold climates.

#1. The battery is smaller and weighs less = better mpg and better performance
#2. The electric vehicle will usually have a lower final gear ratio to compensate for the extra weight of the battery = less efficient
#3. No range issues with a hyrbid compared to an EV.

I’ll take the hyrbid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts