1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
F*ck I picked the wrong color

·
Registered
80 Posts
Already scheduled. Lol. If it was any lighter I'd be swapping to it from HPR.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I am lucky because I didn't go Hybrid (AWD is really nice up north, and ~26 mpg isn't too bad). If you got a hybrid on order that seemed to be a major cause of delay since it is ~35% of production.

I was told I might even be able to swap color post scheduling by my dealer, but I think I am still long on HPR. If I hate it when it arrives I guess I'll order another and they have a nice expensive stock order, lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I am lucky because I didn't go Hybrid (AWD is really nice up north, and ~26 mpg isn't too bad). If you got a hybrid on order that seemed to be a major cause of delay since it is ~35% of production.

I was told I might even be able to swap color post scheduling by my dealer, but I think I am still long on HPR. If I hate it when it arrives I guess I'll order another and they have a nice expensive stock order, lol.
I went AWD 2.0 Eco XLT, fx4, off-road, Co pilot, sunroof, spray in bed liner, cabin power, lumin lights . Havnt been scheduled yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice, looks like I ended up making the right call with Alto Blue, I got the Lariat FX4 with Tow as just like the picture.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I went AWD 2.0 Eco XLT, fx4, off-road, Co pilot, sunroof, spray in bed liner, cabin power, lumin lights . Havnt been scheduled yet.
Really? That's crazy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too, like the HPR but just couldn't see it with the interior color. I really wanted a Lariat to get the leather interior but in Canada, it can't be optioned with the hybrid engine, so I ended up with an XLT and eventually, when Katzkin gets on board, will order leather seat skins from them in a custom Black/Graphite to my design for half the price of the Lariat option.
Ford really blew it by not offering a neutral color interior like black or graphite to go with the colors like Rapid Red metallic and Hot Pepper Red. How can you marry these colors up with Navy Blue through out the interior?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I too, like the HPR but just couldn't see it with the interior color. I really wanted a Lariat to get the leather interior but in Canada, it can't be optioned with the hybrid engine, so I ended up with an XLT and eventually, when Katzkin gets on board, will order leather seat skins from them in a custom Black/Graphite to my design for half the price of the Lariat option.
Ford really blew it by not offering a neutral color interior like black or graphite to go with the colors like Rapid Red metallic and Hot Pepper Red. How can you marry these colors up with Navy Blue through out the interior?
I'm planning on going the katskins and custom audio route. My dealer offers katskins installed for about 1500.

And HPR is Red orange. Orange and blue are complimentary colors, so I'm not worried in the meantime either.

·
Registered
97 Posts
IMPO, kind of boring. Looks like something an old person would drive :) lol Their has been similar colors around, as long as I can remember, and im 56 yo. For that matter, none of the available paint colors are all that new or exciting. I do like the area 51, but even the grey colors like this were offered several years ago on Subaru's. which are super popular in my area, so I've been seeing those grey blues and grey greens for quite a while. I guess if somebody wants something truly different, they just need to put something different on it, after they buy it. I think Id probably go with a cool, unique dip, or wrap, which not only would give me something personalized, but also, could be removed years down the road, and the factory paint underneath would still be like new, adding to resale.... If that mattered to you. For me, that really doesn't matter. I almost buy a vehicle new, drive it till the wheels fall off, throw them away and get a new one. Resale might be $50 from the wrecking yard :)

Speaking of paint colors, I've been thinking that a plasti dip with a base color very similar to Area 51 (if you could match it really well, it would alleviate having to do the door jams, and under the hood would match too, etc) but with maybe a blue / green shifting pearl would be fun :) I could imagine people seeing it, and thinking, I didn't know that color did that ? Ha :) Only if your special :) lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
If i got one…thinking this now is the color. Seems to be a lot of hate for carbonized gray.
I dunno why ? Its just as boring as the rest of them :) I mean just take a look at any parking lot, or crowd of cars on the highway ! People are just generally boring. Its just seas of black, white, grey.... a little desert sand, and a few red.
I did see an Audi R8 yesterday, with a Chrome Chartreuse wrap though, and completely blacked out..... THAT was sick ! Definitely opened my eyes :) Finally somebody that is not afraid to be noticed !

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dunno why ? Its just as boring as the rest of them :) I mean just take a look at any parking lot, or crowd of cars on the highway ! People are just generally boring. Its just seas of black, white, grey.... a little desert sand, and a few red.
I did see an Audi R8 yesterday, with a Chrome Chartreuse wrap though, and completely blacked out..... THAT was sick ! Definitely opened my eyes :) Finally somebody that is not afraid to be noticed !
Granted, don't know that any of the colors blow me away...taking into account if one gets the XL or XTL trim. Waiting to see cactus gray in person and maybe even the carbonized gray. That (hot pepper?) color that looks sort of orange is nice I am thinking. And silver is...well silver ho mum

·
Registered
97 Posts
Granted, don't know that any of the colors blow me away...taking into account if one gets the XL or XTL trim. Waiting to see cactus gray in person and maybe even the carbonized gray. That (hot pepper?) color that looks sort of orange is nice I am thinking. And silver is...well silver ho mum
I think the cactus grey is pretty nice.... but very light. I think my GF might get the cactus grey. The hot pepper is pretty nice too. I wish it were a bit oranger. I mean, if my post before sounded "harsh" ;) lol .... in fairness, I should say, the paint options for the Maverick > compared to many other new vehicles, is not that awfully bad. But I guess for myself, unless a manufacturer just offered a straight up custom paint option, I probably wouldn't be too thrilled.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think the cactus grey is pretty nice.... but very light. I think my GF might get the cactus grey. The hot pepper is pretty nice too. I wish it were a bit oranger. I mean, if my post before sounded "harsh" ;) lol .... in fairness, I should say, the paint options for the Maverick > compared to many other new vehicles, is not that awfully bad. But I guess for myself, unless a manufacturer just offered a straight up custom paint option, I probably wouldn't be too thrilled.
The selection is much better than Toyota colors. They are the urban dictionary definition of "basic." Most Toyota colors are damn boring except for Moon Rock on the Rav4 and the blue and khaki Tacoma finishes.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm planning on going the katskins and custom audio route. My dealer offers katskins installed for about 1500.

And HPR is Red orange. Orange and blue are complimentary colors, so I'm not worried in the meantime either.
Red and blue are complementary colors, too. Ask Superman.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts