Ford Maverick banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my 5th Ranger so far, and I am interested in what this new model will be like. Currently driving a 2003 2wd Edge which is nice, but getting to be a PIA when it comes to getting in and out of cab. I am hoping that it will be able to pull a small boat and trailer (less than 1,000# GCWR) I am also a retired small and medium truck fleet manager.

John Baum
Kewanee (Corn Country) IL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome @KB8JXO

The Maverick will be like the older Rangers especially with how much the newer one has grown. Which Ranger generations have you owned? What other specs are you hoping the Maverick will have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Owned, 1st year release of the STX, followed by an XLT, second generation, an XL followed by my current drive a 2003 Edge. The STX was the only 4x4, and I driven my share of the 1st generation S models. I can live with the 4 door model, if I can take the back seat out to make room for the dogs, but I would prefer an extended cab. Light duty tow package would be nice to haul around my mini pontoon boat. Front wheel drive is a plus when launching and retrieving the boat at the lake. At 6 ft and darn near 300# leg room and tilt wheel is a plus. Trust me, squeezing into a standard cab model at this size is an effort.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum @KB8JXO! Is there anything that would be a dealbreaker for you? Like if it came with RWD instead of FWD for example?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Owned, 1st year release of the STX, followed by an XLT, second generation, an XL followed by my current drive a 2003 Edge. The STX was the only 4x4, and I driven my share of the 1st generation S models. I can live with the 4 door model, if I can take the back seat out to make room for the dogs, but I would prefer an extended cab. Light duty tow package would be nice to haul around my mini pontoon boat. Front wheel drive is a plus when launching and retrieving the boat at the lake. At 6 ft and darn near 300# leg room and tilt wheel is a plus. Trust me, squeezing into a standard cab model at this size is an effort.
You should have no problem with the Maverick if Ford sees the U.S as a key market for it.
Till we see what its actually like, I suggest checking out the Bronco Sport. The Maverick might just be a pickup version of it.
This one was at an Arizona dealer not long ago:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fingers crossed the Maverick is identical to this Bronco Sport from C Pillar forward...
To me it makes sense from a business perspective (BIG R&D savings) and to keep us happy... because a 'Bronco Sport Pickup' sounds odd.

Maverick is fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts