Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people may like the orange trim, but I’m hoping there might be some after market kits to revamp the XLT interior.

have you all ever seen packages like this that could account for all the gross orange accents? Someone mentioned Jeep Renegade to me but I’m unfamiliar.I’m hoping I can replace all the orange in this screenshot lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
the biggest orange part, under the screen, is rubber and removable. I see no reason why you couldn’t swap it with the ones from an XL

·
Registered
80 Posts
3D print one or order the XL part from service. This should be one of the easiest things to fix.

I like it, personally. I Think it will work with my HPR.

Reactions: JohnTaurus

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for clarification, I understand the tray holder would be an easy swap as it is pull out. But do we think the vents / door handle will be easily replaced? I don’t think we can do anything about the seating stitching without just getting a cover

·
Registered
118 Posts
for clarification, I understand the tray holder would be an easy swap as it is pull out. But do we think the vents / door handle will be easily replaced? I don’t think we can do anything about the seating stitching without just getting a cover
You can replace the entire vent assembly with an XL assembly if you want. The orange door trim can probably be replaced with the XL trim as well, gotta wait to see a parts catalogue before we can see good modular the trim is.

Seat cover or swap the seats with someone with an XL if the stitching bothers you

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was thinking about removing that and replacing it with the lariat wireless charging pad. Or 3d printing a new one with a charging pad in it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking about removing that and replacing it with the lariat wireless charging pad. Or 3d printing a new one with a charging pad in it.
How easy is it to set up a wireless charging pad on a 3D printout version? I may try and do that. I think that would be a cool addition.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How easy is it to set up a wireless charging pad on a 3D printout version? I may try and do that. I think that would be a cool addition.
I have no idea lol. But I was thinking I can basically print out the tray and add the charging pad in the center and just plug it into the USB port that’s on the right side. They sell cheap circular charging pads on Amazon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You could just do a katzkins like thing for the seats, completely recover them, and then you could sell the XLT trimmed covers recoup some of the cost. I was told most dealer charged about 1500 bucks, but if you order it directly it only cost you the material and the time to do it so we'll be like 800 and that is a price of leather I don't know what it is for cloth. If you're comfortable doing yourself that means you paid basically double the price of some good seat covers, but then your seats are truly changed.

Reactions: BigB

·
Registered
20 Posts
The orange trays looked like rubber and in one video someone pulled the phone tray right out. Makes for easy cleaning. You could replace them with something 3D printed, but I think you'd miss the rubber (which would also hold on to your phone better). Ordering some XL replacements will probably give you a better experience.

Personally I like the orange. I like that it looks like some effort and creativity went into the design, rather than just more gray and black. That was part of what made me move from an XL build to XLT. I'd kind of like to recover the seats, but I'd be sad to mess up the color scheme.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Some people may like the orange trim, but I’m hoping there might be some after market kits to revamp the XLT interior.

have you all ever seen packages like this that could account for all the gross orange accents? Someone mentioned Jeep Renegade to me but I’m unfamiliar.I’m hoping I can replace all the orange in this screenshot lol.
Just curious what paint color you want ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts