Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I am going to order a Maverick. I currently live in Germany and want the truck shipped here. Seems like a great vehicle for a place with $6/gallon gas and a lot of tight spaces.

I pretty much have to buy it through the military auto source. They have no haggle pricing and are familiar with shipping vehicles overseas. I have been messaging with them every couple of weeks since dealers started taking orders but they say they can't order one until their system is updated. Not sure exactly what that means though.

They don't seem to know when they will be able to take my order. Anyone on here know when military buyers can start placing orders?

For the vehicle itself, I am looking at a XLT with the hybrid. Maybe I will do the XLT lux package or maybe just the bed liner and the tow hitch. I would like hybrid AWD but will go FWD since it isn't currently offered. I would also prefer the Lariat seats and adaptive cruise control but adding that adds ~6k to the price for a bunch of other options that are not important to me so I am going to do without the adaptive cruise.

Anyhow, I see that a lot of people are getting builds scheduled in Sept and would like to get in line!

·
Registered
50 Posts
They have to meet the Germany environmental standards and all of that stuff... It's a headache specially if there's any recalls... Wait until your tour is over or Buy something used in the used lot on post. Best of luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have to meet the Germany environmental standards and all of that stuff... It's a headache specially if there's any recalls... Wait until your tour is over or Buy something used in the used lot on post. Best of luck
I thought about buying something of the lemon lot and I was getting close to buying a Tiguan but I would rather have a Maverick. They are selling the Bronco Sport already so I don't think it should take too long to get one here. (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I decided I am going to order a Maverick. I currently live in Germany and want the truck shipped here. Seems like a great vehicle for a place with $6/gallon gas and a lot of tight spaces.

I pretty much have to buy it through the military auto source. They have no haggle pricing and are familiar with shipping vehicles overseas. I have been messaging with them every couple of weeks since dealers started taking orders but they say they can't order one until their system is updated. Not sure exactly what that means though.

They don't seem to know when they will be able to take my order. Anyone on here know when military buyers can start placing orders?

For the vehicle itself, I am looking at a XLT with the hybrid. Maybe I will do the XLT lux package or maybe just the bed liner and the tow hitch. I would like hybrid AWD but will go FWD since it isn't currently offered. I would also prefer the Lariat seats and adaptive cruise control but adding that adds ~6k to the price for a bunch of other options that are not important to me so I am going to do without the adaptive cruise.

Anyhow, I see that a lot of people are getting builds scheduled in Sept and would like to get in line!
Hi! I wanted to let you know Military AutoSource is now taking orders for the all new 2022 Maverick, as we speak. Learn more here: '22 Maverick. Let us know how we can help. Your friends, at Military AutoSource

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! I wanted to let you know Military AutoSource is now taking orders for the all new 2022 Maverick, as we speak. Learn more here: '22 Maverick. Let us know how we can help. Your friends, at Military AutoSource
Awesome! Do you know if all locations are? I am in Stuttgart and the local MAS folks said they would let me know when I can place an order.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never mind. I see it on the site now. It looks like when I build it out, it double charges for options. For example, clicking the XLT luxury package ($2345 MSRP) will also check the "spray in bedliner", "full size spare", and "trailer hitch receiver w/4-pin connector". All those items are included in the XLT luxury package but the MAS site adds them to the options MSRP in addition to the luxury package MSRP and comes up with $3055.

I assume that gets sorted out on the back end somewhere. I read somewhere else on here that the same thing happens with other orders. If two packages both contain the same option and you buy both, the price gets adjusted so you don't get double charged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts