Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an 'order' back on July 7th - sent in my drivers license and the request to build of what i wanted

I chose area 51 with xlt package

was told that was it - no email order confirmation, no forms to fill out or anything

and any contact would be direct to dealer and he would relay to me

haven't heard a thing since - anyone else have a similar process? should we be concerned?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think you better go in and ensure you have an order in. My dealer e-mailed me and said that he was finally available to take orders July 26th. I went in, placed a deposit and signed the order July 31st. Now, as for when he places the order that's a different story. He assured me it'll be here before Christmas...and that he had already 4 orders in 5 days.
YYZ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i emailed my dealer and got this reply

"Yeah we got some information - they started to schedule a couple Maverick's for dealers to show (with a new model launch Ford will make 1 or 2 vehicles for stock before they begin doing any retail orders just to get some out there) to be built in August & September so yours shouldn't be to far behind them!

I'll let you know though when I notice your order gets picked up!

Thank you,"

still seems strange vs what I'm seeing on this forum of people getting emails, signing documents putting money down etc

"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have any emails or anything either (in NB). Went to the dealer, signed the papers, paid a deposit. This was back in June. They thought Dec delivery at the earliest. I haven't heard if mine has been scheduled, but it's hybrid XLT with lux package and that might be later release due to hybrid and spray in liner?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm really happy about the news that 100% of Hybrids will be for retail orders only for the first wave. That means that we're certainly getting ours, and it'll be the only ones on the road in Canada (before the dealers even get theirs). As far as I have read, the Canadian process doesn't have the e-mail confirmations all of our neighbours are getting, and the dealers get the confirmation as to the status of your car. It's up to your sales rep to inform you that it has been pulled for fulfillment. Let's just hope that they know what they're doing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put my request to order in on June 9, including all my info and options and emailed it to my dealer. Dealer emailed back to me a completed new vehicle order form, for me to verify that all my options/info was correct etc,. I then gave him the ok, all’s good sign off with my deposit on June 18 , they put the order in with Ford on the following Thursday. I emailed him about a week after that inquiring about the ordering process, and he said that’s all we do, its on order and he will pass on to me all info he gets from Ford, when it becomes available. Once Ford locks in a scheduled date for production, he will receive an email and pass that on to me. So until then, we wait. I’m not in a rush, before December would be nice. Btw I ordered a XLT Fx4 model, so hopefully no extra delays occur with my options and model choices.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Put in my request in June. Week later I sat with salesman and went through all the options. Signed lease agreement. We chose xlt, orange, hybrid, with copilot. My order is being done through a commercial account so there may be a variance. Dealer told me less than 6 months. Talked to sales guy last week, it’s been built and I have a VIN so far. No info if it’s been shipped yet.

·
Registered
2022 Blue XLT w/ LUX package
2 Posts
I placed my order on Aug 25 and no news yet from dealership. asked last week and no build date or Vin as of yet.
XLT, Blue, Hybrid, with Lux package. Wife needs a new ride and didnt want a (to her) monster truck. I suspect we are at the mercy of the chip/everything else shortage. Before Xmas would be nice, gets me out of buying her a gift!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer indicated they had order allocation. Placed my order Oct. 4th. Told build confirmation in 6-8 weeks. Dealer indicated delivery between Jan - March. Reviewers have said that 2022 production is sold out and delivery could be 9 months or much longer?

·
Registered
XL, AWD, WHITE,
2 Posts
Toronto. Purchased incoming dealer stock today. Delivery mid Nov. Already built, waiting on shipping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put my request to order in on June 9, including all my info and options and emailed it to my dealer. Dealer emailed back to me a completed new vehicle order form, for me to verify that all my options/info was correct etc,. I then gave him the ok, all’s good sign off with my deposit on June 18 , they put the order in with Ford on the following Thursday. I emailed him about a week after that inquiring about the ordering process, and he said that’s all we do, its on order and he will pass on to me all info he gets from Ford, when it becomes available. Once Ford locks in a scheduled date for production, he will receive an email and pass that on to me. So until then, we wait. I’m not in a rush, before December would be nice. Btw I ordered a XLT Fx4 model, so hopefully no extra delays occur with my options and model choices.
I have a VIN and a confirmed build date for November 1, 👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
My hybrid build date it the 11th of Oct. Just got back from my dealer in the GTA and he had one come in yesterday as stock. I love it. He said mine will be here in 4-6 weeks.
XLT 2.5L Hybrid with 360 and Lux.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My hybrid build date it the 11th of Oct. Just got back from my dealer in the GTA and he had one come in yesterday as stock. I love it. He said mine will be here in 4-6 weeks.
XLT 2.5L Hybrid with 360 and Lux.
Which dealer? I’ve been trying to see one in person

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've purchased many new vehicles over the years but this is the first one I've ordered. All of my deals were in writing so no surprises when the vehicle arrives. I had to put $1000 down and pay the balance I promised at deal time. I also got approved for financing (ford credit)...36 mths at 2.99%.
Just sending emails with nothing in writing seems iffy at best and no guarantee the dealer with hold the price when it arrives...after all ;there will parts and chip shortages for a while yet. Also got $350 off MSRP and admin was $299 (normally $499)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a VIN and a confirmed build date for November 1, 👍
nice congrats!

still haven't heard anything from my dealer

i actually gave up a while ago and got a 2021 jetta lol

i am a little annoyed - they have 2 ecoboost on the lot but didn't invite me to come check it out or anything

they have a white xlt on the lot with 4k towing for 33,985
they had a cactus grey but sold that already as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts