Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Bronco a while back that had a two tone paint scheme with white, which not only looks cool to me but is really practical if you're in a place with brutal summers.

What do you think about just a very basic wrap, just the very top roof (since we don't have a floating roof design) along with the mirror caps, the door handles, and the antenna painted white?

vs stock (since the change is subtle):

·
Registered
24 Posts
Several years back, I considered wrapping my Explorer. Lots of local companies were paying you weekly to have your vehicle wrapped in their advertising, and drive around or just park in a high visibility area while you were at work. I both could park in a high traffic and visibility area, and had the benefit of driving a work vehicle all day. But I never did it, and the fad faded away. I've pondered the idea of wrapping a new vehicle, if only to get the actual color I want. My intended use is guaranteed to induce scratches in paint, the protective coating, or even a wrap. But I'll be installing a large carport structure on my property, and keeping the truck out of the bulk of the desert sun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I didn't pick a good angle, but hopefully the white roof shows a little:

Seems like it'd be a good upgrade on the XLT, as without the luxury package at least you only get matte black plastic for the mirror caps and door handles. Hopefully they make snap caps for the handles, as that would probably be easier than removing them which can sometimes be labor intensive. Mirror caps and roof though should be super simple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not a full wrap, but maybe some stripes. (Like the Ranger Tremor)
I have a feeling there are going to be a LOT of Mavericks on the road. Gotta make sure I can find mine when I get it. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not a full wrap, but maybe some stripes. (Like the Ranger Tremor)
I have a feeling there are going to be a LOT of Mavericks on the road. Gotta make sure I can find mine when I get it. :)

View attachment 552
If you're gonna go for stripes, then the ONLY option should be black paint, and a stripe color/pattern matching Maverick's helmet from Top Gun.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
I never though about just wrapping the top and mirrors wella Mini Cooper.....looks great to me. I might reconsider my choice of cactus grey to another color. Living in Flo...it's just so hot to have a color. (plan on moving to NM when I retire next year) It's hot too .... but wrapping the roof white would solve the brutal heat. I didn't want a WHITE TRUCK! (don't understand the BLACK roof treatments!) Actually Black vehicles. I hate them. I owned one for 1 year! NEVER AGAIN. I know people love them.....but NOT here. Sorry folks.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
Makes the truck look like a Seventies truck. Love it.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Gladiator
6 Posts
I ordered a cyber orange XLT. I am thinking about getting the brake calipers wrapped in orange to match the truck and get the hood wrapped in matte black.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wrapping brake calipers? Good luck with that! Usually you paint them in enamel or something, those suckers get hot!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I saw a new Chevy 1500 wrapped in what appeared to be fake rusted out spots. Made the truck look like an old beater. The ironic thing is it was a parts delivery vehicle for some dealership! Why would they want to advertise rust?
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
73 Posts
I saw a new Chevy 1500 wrapped in what appeared to be fake rusted out spots. Made the truck look like an old beater. The ironic thing is it was a parts delivery vehicle for some dealership! Why would they want to advertise rust? View attachment 1651
Zoomers do that because it’s ironic

No sense trying to understand the passive depressive nature of their attitude.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts