Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello…new to the Ford Maverick Club
I ordered a XL hybrid Maverick… carbonized gray, moonroof, hitch,110 plug, sprayed bed and a hard cover trifold,on September 15, 2021. I didn’t receive my order confirmation letter from Ford til I pestered the dealer about Ford not having my email..I got the copy that day…two weeks after I ordered. It’s been almost two months since my order and I emailed back to the dealer yesterday and asked why I didn’t get my accessory letter for the wait til Dec- January deliveries of hybrids. I just received an email today from the dealer saying that my order had a “hold” on it from the Ford company and it was Ford that made the mistake and not the dealer and they released that hold today… The dealer told me there are 11 Mavericks ahead of mine and their allotment allows for 3-4 Mavericks… so he said my truck won’t come in til 6-7 months😫 I asked if my order date remained the same (September 15)….. and if those 11 were already a head of my order…he of course said yes..
So I want to ask … Am I getting screwed over from this dealership …they are the only Ford dealers local here on the North Coast. Do I call around or just wait it out… I kmow the 15th is almost here and I wont be able to order til next year…

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello…new to the Ford Maverick Club
I ordered a XL hybrid Maverick… carbonized gray, moonroof, hitch,110 plug, sprayed bed and a hard cover trifold,on September 15, 2021. I didn’t receive my order confirmation letter from Ford til I pestered the dealer about Ford not having my email..I got the copy that day…two weeks after I ordered. It’s been almost two months since my order and I emailed back to the dealer yesterday and asked why I didn’t get my accessory letter for the wait til Dec- January deliveries of hybrids. I just received an email today from the dealer saying that my order had a “hold” on it from the Ford company and it was Ford that made the mistake and not the dealer and they released that hold today… The dealer told me there are 11 Mavericks ahead of mine and their allotment allows for 3-4 Mavericks… so he said my truck won’t come in til 6-7 months😫 I asked if my order date remained the same (September 15)….. and if those 11 were already a head of my order…he of course said yes..
So I want to ask … Am I getting screwed over from this dealership …they are the only Ford dealers local here on the North Coast. Do I call around or just wait it out… I kmow the 15th is almost here and I wont be able to order til next year…
Seems like a legitimate question and perhaps one for the next level at FOMOCO, the District Manager .....?
When you are working with the only game in town or nearby sometimes it feels like you are spitting in the wind. A relative found out when he moved to Weaverville and was caught between two different dealers since his small town didn’t have one. Essentially the valley guys vs. the coast. He found solace with Ford headaches by stepping up his concerns to the district level. Problem resolved. The hybrid situation throws a different wrench into the works so the next step may add clarity.
Best of luck and I hope you get your XL sooner rather than later...✔🇺🇸

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like a legitimate question and perhaps one for the next level at FOMOCO, the District Manager .....?
When you are working with the only game in town or nearby sometimes it feels like you are spitting in the wind. A relative found out when he moved to Weaverville and was caught between two different dealers since his small town didn’t have one. Essentially the valley guys vs. the coast. He found solace with Ford headaches by stepping up his concerns to the district level. Problem resolved. The hybrid situation throws a different wrench into the works so the next step may add clarity.
Best of luck and I hope you get your XL sooner rather than later...✔🇺🇸
Thanks for the response… any idea how to contact the district manager…

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for the response… any idea how to contact the district manager…
My guess would be to start with an online search for a point of contact. Been quite some time since I have been close to an issue like this. My relative started on the phone but that was back in the day.........
Good luck with your inquiry. Maybe it is a reflection of the times with smaller staff and all the complexities of Covid. Patience wins the game so they say.
Be well -

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did you ever get a copy of the DORA. The DORA is a printout from the dealer order entry system. It has the order number and the date the order was accepted by Ford. The dealer should be able to print one out in about ten seconds. If the dates do not track with when you placed your order, then it would appear(I think) the dealer is not straight talking about who did what and who put things on hold... Ask for the DORA. It should be forthcoming without delay or problem(or protest if the dealer is aboveboard). tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went over to the valley.... Just didn't want to deal with Eureka....

Glad to read there are a few other North Coast Maverick people here.
When did you order and what… good luck with getting your truck… I’m excited …I just hope the local dealer is on top of the order and I don’t loose my spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts