Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case you don't want to wait for the Maverick? I mean I need a truck more but the Bronco isn't bad looking.. and the MPG isn't bad at all at $28165 ...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I want a cheap hybrid or PHEV mule that eliminates the need for me to buy/rent a motorcycle trailer. The Bronco Sport is much more aesthetically pleasing, but it doesn't fill that niche.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I get the impression, based upon ANYTHING on the dealer lot, that the BS is in just as short supply as the other, larger Bronco models. I've seen zero big Broncos and one Bronco Sport. I have seen one on the dealer lot, and that was several weeks ago, figuring it is long out the door to its new owner.
I don't figure signing for a BS would get much improvement in delivery time over ordering a Maverick.
tom

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dealer has several..."In Transit" on their web page I saw the price and was tempted..but when I need a truck...I need a truck lol....maybe not much of one but it's handy compared to a SUV. When you got gardening stuff to carry home from HD...

·
Registered
102 Posts
My dealer has several..."In Transit" on their web page I saw the price and was tempted..but when I need a truck...I need a truck lol....maybe not much of one but it's handy compared to a SUV. When you got gardening stuff to carry home from HD...
Ya' know, I LOVE my "paid for" F150, and the stereo which I've been tweaking for 13 years. But its just so darn expensive to drive :( Here is Sacramento, its super easy, and relatively cheap, to go rent an F150 (or an F350)... heck, usually anywhere from 2 yrs old, to brand new as well ! From Home Depot, U-Haul, etc. Heck, you can even rent a flat bed or box trailer at the same time.... and already hooked up and ready to go. So I guess it would just depend on how often you needed to use your big truck "as a truck". I hardly ever do anymore :( I just take it out for stereo demo's, and park it in the shade somewhere.... The sad thing is, my truck at idle, probably uses more fuel than my Prius at 70 mph !

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
The I3 is passed what I would have in a vehicle. But there is this young lady who has a Big Bend in Nevada....and is pushing her Bronco Sport up some trails I wouldn't dream of doing in it. The dang thing (Bronco Sport) keeps going thurough those trails like nothing. Shocks me. I was really hooked on a Bronco Sport Badland lands after I saw a video of one at Hell's revenge. But I saw THE BRONCO! I ordered one>>> Base in Oxford White with Squatch package, aux lighting , and tow package, 2 door. That was July 20th 2020... things have really changed since then. Gas is over a dollar more. The new President said in the primary that 5 dollar a gallon gas wasn't high enough (east coast pricing). So I will look at the Bronco I ordered and kiss it good bye. :-( Plus my Darci girl passed away so... I FINALLY got squared away with this Maverick today. I love the fact it will do what I want, and fit in my garage. Not fond of the front end looks but the rest of it is good. I have looked and priced Jeep Gladiators, Jeep Cherokee trailhawks, Ford F-150's and Ranger's, Chevrolet Silverado's and Colorado's. Ram's. Toyota's Nissan's was really interested in the Frontier. I just don't want a huge gas hog. So this Maverick fits, me. The Hyundai Santa Cruz was a contender>>>>>but 36k+ for want I want is CRAZY. This Maverick I just ordered is 34k!!!! But a 4 door truck price is crazy. I have to look at that too! I'm now a happy camper if the dealership is a crapash. Sorry so long. If you want a Bronco Sport go with a badlands.....no options! A better choice in my opinion. good luck.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
Those are already sold! The dealer won't tell you unless you ask!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
The I3 is passed what I would have in a vehicle. But there is this young lady who has a Big Bend in Nevada....and is pushing her Bronco Sport up some trails I wouldn't dream of doing in it. The dang thing (Bronco Sport) keeps going thurough those trails like nothing. Shocks me. I was really hooked on a Bronco Sport Badland lands after I saw a video of one at Hell's revenge. But I saw THE BRONCO! I ordered one>>> Base in Oxford White with Squatch package, aux lighting , and tow package, 2 door. That was July 20th 2020... things have really changed since then. Gas is over a dollar more. The new President said in the primary that 5 dollar a gallon gas wasn't high enough (east coast pricing). So I will look at the Bronco I ordered and kiss it good bye. :-( Plus my Darci girl passed away so... I FINALLY got squared away with this Maverick today. I love the fact it will do what I want, and fit in my garage. Not fond of the front end looks but the rest of it is good. I have looked and priced Jeep Gladiators, Jeep Cherokee trailhawks, Ford F-150's and Ranger's, Chevrolet Silverado's and Colorado's. Ram's. Toyota's Nissan's was really interested in the Frontier. I just don't want a huge gas hog. So this Maverick fits, me. The Hyundai Santa Cruz was a contender>>>>>but 36k+ for want I want is CRAZY. This Maverick I just ordered is 34k!!!! But a 4 door truck price is crazy. I have to look at that too! I'm now a happy camper if the dealership is a crapash. Sorry so long. If you want a Bronco Sport go with a badlands.....no options! A better choice in my opinion. good luck.
Definitely different strokes 🙂 First I was like... NO ! Any other color but white ! ....then Im thinking, the "best looking thing about the new Maverick is that front end, with the C shaped lights" 👍

But hey, I like your signature 🙂 Bless you brother 🙂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts