Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for the Maverick experts here. Does anyone know per chance if the Maverick will support Apple Car Key? If so, will it be on just certain trim levels like XLT or Lariat. I did a google search but so far nada. Thanx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Works through Apple Wallet. You scan your key fob to the phone and then you use your phone in place of the fob similar to using your phone as your credit card. Mind you I have not used it personally but have friends that do and like it. My 2005 Ranger FX/4 has no such level of technology. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i found some info I had previously missed and right now the only car that is compatible is select BMW models manufactured since July 2020. Interesting though, the article goes on to say that Hyundai may be the next to jump on board. So maybe the Mav's current biggest competitor will be getting it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm not entirely sure if it's easy to implement on older model cars, but as far as I know not even the Lariat currently supports it. The Mustang Mach-E has similar phone-as-key tech, but it doesn't use Apple's protocol.

Remember that XLT and Lariat models of the Maverick have the number pad on the door. Punching in a number is just as easy as using phone-as-key. I personally think it's easier since I wouldn't need my phone to get into the car. I understand that this is so that you don't have to carry your keys though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can for sure say that the Apple Key will never work on the Maverick considering that both the XL and the XLT still use traditional keys for ignition.
I can say for sure that's not entirely accurate. Even using the traditional key you are still able to start your vehicle using the FordPass App.

I do recall seeing a video about the Maverick early on that said Ford isn't currently offering the Apple Key option on any vehicles now but would likely in the near future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not entirely sure if it's easy to implement on older model cars, but as far as I know not even the Lariat currently supports it. The Mustang Mach-E has similar phone-as-key tech, but it doesn't use Apple's protocol.

Remember that XLT and Lariat models of the Maverick have the number pad on the door. Punching in a number is just as easy as using phone-as-key. I personally think it's easier since I wouldn't need my phone to get into the car. I understand that this is so that you don't have to carry your keys though.
You can also leave phone in pocket and give “Siri command”… hopefully she’ll listen

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can say for sure that's not entirely accurate. Even using the traditional key you are still able to start your vehicle using the FordPass App.

I do recall seeing a video about the Maverick early on that said Ford isn't currently offering the Apple Key option on any vehicles now but would likely in the near future.
Try to drive away without the keys in the injection. Let me know how it goes. Can you even steer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts