Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XLT comes with a standard key. Does this key have the remote start button, or is there a separate key fob for remote starting?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The XLT comes with a standard key. Does this key have the remote start button, or is there a separate key fob for remote starting?
I think the standard XLT can only be remote started with the Ford pass app. That's the way our EcoSport was.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the standard XLT can only be remote started with the Ford pass app. That's the way our EcoSport was.
That's not true, remote start key fob is included in the luxury package for the XLT. So you can use the remote start key fob or the Ford pass app.

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's not true, remote start key fob is included in the luxury package for the XLT. So you can use the remote start key fob or the Ford pass app.
That's for, as you say, luxury package. Standard XLT does not include this.
I do not know if it can be added later, however, you will be able to remote start with Ford pass either way.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The concept of an old-style key on a hybrid powertrain is sort of wtf
Yes and no. If the key is removed from the ignition, it is definitely in the 'off' state. With the push button, you could have the vehicle 'on' the key laying in the center console, and forget you left it on and exit the vehicle. I think it's a rare occurrence but I could see my Folks doing it.

Key off and out of the switch and the car is off. I like it. I like old, simple things sometimes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes and no. If the key is removed from the ignition, it is definitely in the 'off' state. With the push button, you could have the vehicle 'on' the key laying in the center console, and forget you left it on and exit the vehicle. I think it's a rare occurrence but I could see my Folks doing it.

Key off and out of the switch and the car is off. I like it. I like old, simple things sometimes.
It's almost like carmakers thought of that back when they started installing pushbutton start by including alarms and warning lights - or in the case of Ford - exterior keyless combination locks on the exterior of the driver's side door.

But really, why would my transmitter be loose in the truck in the first place? It's in my pocket.

It's crazy how convenient it is to simply walk out of the local bakery with a bag of hot doughnuts and an espresso (with just a dollop of steamed milk), open my door, and just get in the car.

I will never go back to using keys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts