Ford Maverick Forum banner

Area 51 color looks different on the Bronco vs Maverick. Any one know why?

23828 Views 19 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Weebee
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
The renders on the Ford site don’t really capture the colors that well. Some are downright inaccurate. I think Area51 looks the same in real world photos for both vehicles.
Reactions: 3
Have you seen them in person or just pictures? They are the same.
Reactions: 2
It’s called Area 51 for a reason. It’s an alien chameleon.
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Good to know. Thanks!
I saw a Bronco Sport Area 51 in person, it definatley looked the same as the Maverick pic.
Reactions: 1
I saw a Bronco Sport Area 51 in person, it definatley looked the same as the Maverick pic.
Was it inside or outside? The ambient lighting is going to play tricks with this color.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light
See less See more
Another Area 51 mystery.
I keep thinking of changing my build color to something other than Area 51 since I know it will be the most popular color and I like owning something a little more unique. However, every time I look at it I fall in love again.
I keep thinking of changing my build color to something other than Area 51 since I know it will be the most popular color and I like owning something a little more unique. However, every time I look at it I fall in love again.
Pictures do not do it justice… 🥰
  • Love
I had a chance to see a Bronco with Area 51 at my local Ford Dealer. It is a beautiful color. You are right, pictures do not do it justice. Can't wait to get my XLT Area 51 2.0 FX4.
Agreed on all accounts. I've seen Area 51 on a Bronco Sport in person. Even in real world photos and videos it looks great.

Never trust the renders on the Maverick order page. They aren't accurate at all and are not real world pictures. What they did was take a photo of one Maverick and then altered the color in Photoshop, probably color matching off of chips they had. Many times it can be done well, provided whoever is doing the color matching has the right benchmark and is good at their job. I have to do this all the time for work (I'm a graphic designer / production artist for a cosmetics company) and often we get benchmarks that change from final version so our colors will be off.
I have seen both in person. Bronco color seemed different.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
See less See more
I have seen both in person. Bronco color seemed different.
View attachment 1543 View attachment 1542
Scattered, smothered, covered and chunked
Was it inside or outside? The ambient lighting is going to play tricks with this color.
Outside in a parking lot
Area 51 and Cactus Grey are interesting colors; In person they have a sort of color shift but do not seem to use metallics or pearls in the paint. Surroundings, weather, etc all make a big difference in how those colors appear. Different day, slightly different perceived shade.
Well finally getting my maverick and finding a bronco sport. I say they are the same color.

Attachments

See less See more
Same argument with the cyber orange IMHO. It has everything to do with lighting. I doubt they have different area 51 paint or cyber orange. The Alto blue has the same effects in various lighting conditions.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.