Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I keep thinking of changing my build color to something other than Area 51 since I know it will be the most popular color and I like owning something a little more unique. However, every time I look at it I fall in love again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a chance to see a Bronco with Area 51 at my local Ford Dealer. It is a beautiful color. You are right, pictures do not do it justice. Can't wait to get my XLT Area 51 2.0 FX4.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Agreed on all accounts. I've seen Area 51 on a Bronco Sport in person. Even in real world photos and videos it looks great.

Never trust the renders on the Maverick order page. They aren't accurate at all and are not real world pictures. What they did was take a photo of one Maverick and then altered the color in Photoshop, probably color matching off of chips they had. Many times it can be done well, provided whoever is doing the color matching has the right benchmark and is good at their job. I have to do this all the time for work (I'm a graphic designer / production artist for a cosmetics company) and often we get benchmarks that change from final version so our colors will be off.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Area 51 and Cactus Grey are interesting colors; In person they have a sort of color shift but do not seem to use metallics or pearls in the paint. Surroundings, weather, etc all make a big difference in how those colors appear. Different day, slightly different perceived shade.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts