Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought and installed the Advent ADVPMHL1LN Gentex frameless mirror.

Installation took all of 5 minutes.

This particular mirror is Homelink only with no auto dimming or compass feature so I didn’t have to tap into any wiring as it has a built in battery. Very happy with the purchase.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just bought and installed the Advent ADVPMHL1LN Gentex frameless mirror.

Installation took all of 5 minutes.

This particular mirror is Homelink only with no auto dimming or compass feature so I didn’t have to tap into any wiring as it has a built in battery. Very happy with the purchase.

Looks nice. Does the manual give any idea how many years you can get from the Non-serviceable, long life, lithium metal battery before the mirror is just a mirror?

·
Super Moderator
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks nice. Does the manual give any idea how many years you can get from the Non-serviceable, long life, lithium metal battery before the mirror is just a mirror?
It didn’t but at a little less than $200 I won’t cry if I get at least 4+ years out of it and I’ll definitely try to take it apart and replace the battery myself. Nothing to lose.

I like the frameless look as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
It didn’t but at a little less than $200 I won’t cry if I get at least 4+ years out of it and I’ll definitely try to take it apart and replace the battery myself. Nothing to lose.

Fifty dollars a year is worth the Homelink to me.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If it dies in 4 to 5 years . Why not remove it from the truck , take into the house and open it up as gently as you can. To see if you could actually pop in a new battery or solder in a new battery . It might just take a hour to do and actually be pretty easy to do .
And if it doesn’t work out , you were going to throw it away anyway !

·
Registered
222 Posts

EDIT: Suspicious Link - Removed

·
Super Moderator
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it dies in 4 to 5 years . Why not remove it from the truck , take into the house and open it up as gently as you can. To see if you could actually pop in a new battery or solder in a new battery . It might just take a hour to do and actually be pretty easy to do .
And if it doesn’t work out , you were going to throw it away anyway !
Ummm, that’s what I said.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Installed the McGuard tailgate lock. PITA for such a small thing but it still took less than 15 minutes.

Ok , The question is .
Is the tailgate hinge in the picture attached with just the ONE star screw that I see ? Because that’s the second key to removing the tailgate .

·
Super Moderator
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok , The question is .
Is the tailgate hinge in the picture attached with just the ONE star screw that I see ? Because that’s the second key to removing the tailgate .
The tailgate is removed by aligning a slot to pull it out. You have to remove the lock to remove the tailgate. It is just the one star (unique) screw.

·
Super Moderator
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Toyota Tacoma owners over the years used IDEAL Keyed stainless steel clamps to secure the tailgates from easy theft. Pros will get it no matter what you do to the gate.
Agreed, but $30 to dissuade the non-pros is still money well spent.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The tailgate is removed by aligning a slot to pull it out. You have to remove the lock to remove the tailgate. It is just the one star (unique) screw.
I’m talking about the star screw that’s holding the hinge to the truck body . It is totally exposed above your new lock .

·
Super Moderator
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’m talking about the star screw that’s holding the hinge to the truck body . It is totally exposed above your new lock .
Ah. Got it. That does render this lock quite a bit less effective. I guess I bought about 30 seconds of additional security!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ah. Got it. That does render this lock quite a bit less effective. I guess I bought about 30 seconds of additional security!
Tailgates with Vin's stamped in are worthless as money makers. Kids 10 years ago would steal them to hang on bedroom walls. Go figure. We need locks or covers for catalytic converters, that's where the money is today.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts