Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$40,000 is what the 2022+ Maverick First Edition tops out at with many must-have options.

At that price, is it too much?

On the lower end, you can get a First Edition for a few thousand less.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Sky

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
40k for a compact 4 cylinder CUV is way to much! But we are in hyper inflation...soooooo

·
Registered
122 Posts
IMO the vehicle price needs to reflect its cheapest components to be balanced out. Even the First Edition isn't going to get a full digital instrument cluster, HUD, ventilated seats, nicer interior plastics, etc. so to me its too expensive at $40K.

But to even get to $40K, you have to pick literally every option you can with every possible accessory:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Almost twice as much $$$ as the base model.
This is the case with almost very truck offering out there. Price out a base F150 and a King Ranch then add options, you can get to 3x the $29,3 base. This is why manufacturers love trucks, there is huge money in hwo people option them out. Plus the fact they are paying full price for what some might consider half of a vehicle if you consider the bed is mostly air.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Any truck over $40,000 unless it's for a special need... Of course you can buy what you want, But I'm not falling for it..

·
Registered
261 Posts
The problem I have with it is , you will NOT get any kind return from the extra money spent on that fully loaded truck used .But the dealer will if they sell it . So you better really enjoy your 30 to $38,000 dollar Maverick and keep it a very very long time , like 15 years plus . So you won’t be upset with the trade in value.

·
Registered
23 Posts
LOL of course a 40K Mav is to expensive. If anyone is seriously considering ordering one then you went way to balls deep into the options and accessories.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For many people who have been wise with money, there comes a time when your decisions are no longer monetarily based, they want what they want.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The problem I have with it is , you will NOT get any kind return from the extra money spent on that fully loaded truck used .But the dealer will if they sell it . So you better really enjoy your 30 to $38,000 dollar Maverick and keep it a very very long time , like 15 years plus . So you won’t be upset with the trade in value.
All cars have low trade in value - dealers make more profit on buying/selling a used car than on a new The options on a used car are a secondary consideration on the selling price.

·
Registered
240 Posts
YES

·
Registered
69 Posts
This will be a classic. I just saw a 1994 Ranger with 200k miles manual for sale for $3000. Unreal.

·
Banned
43 Posts
This will be a classic. I just saw a 1994 Ranger with 200k miles manual for sale for $3000. Unreal.
Anyone can ask for what they feel something is worth, the question is will someone actually pay that amount. But who knows, like they say, there is an ass for every seat lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts