Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if I found a totalled rav4 hybrid awd, what kind of work to install the rear electric drive into a fwd hybrid maverick?
I can do crazy things with mechanical and electrical systems. Would give me awd when needed and a funky phev function. Would have to be a stand alone system reading of the potentiometer for the throttle. It's own battery and control. And a dial for front rear bias.
Just throwing ideas out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So if I found a totalled rav4 hybrid awd, what kind of work to install the rear electric drive into a fwd hybrid maverick?
I can do crazy things with mechanical and electrical systems. Would give me awd when needed and a funky phev function. Would have to be a stand alone system reading of the potentiometer for the throttle. It's own battery and control. And a dial for front rear bias.
Just throwing ideas out.
You'd have to have a battery, charger, inverter, plus a computer to make sure you didn't spin out all the time. You'd probably have to crack the Ford Code and rewrite it to disregard the rear abs signals, and reinforce the unibody to handle the extra 2000+ pounds you stuffed into it.

Expect to spend at least 65000 for all of this, if not more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ford already sells a plug in hybrid version of the Mavericks drivetrain in Europe, when the PHEV arrives (3+ years?) we might see e-AWD come over as well.

im hoping the “long box” bench seat Maverick isn’t 3 years off as has been speculated, my old truck has maybe a year left in the front end.

I’m wondering when the PHEV Maverick will come stateside from Europe, I’m really hoping it’s not 3+ years as originally speculated

Anyway eAWD is a common feature of AWD Toyota hybrids and likely isn’t far off for Ford, just wait for OEM and you can save a lot of hassle. That said EAWD Tacos and Tundras are already being hyped, could wait for Toyota’s version

Unless you want to import a crashed Ford Euro spec hybrid and move all the parts over, it is after all the same motor, drivetrain and platform the Maverick (US) rides on

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have never seen a PHEV Escape out in the US even though people keep claiming it exists. Every time I do research on it I can’t find an actual review of the PHEV model. Only the hybrid with a lot of “the PHEV is coming soon” with assumptions about the range. Did they finally build and ship the thing?

I was originally wanting my wife to get one, but she opted for the Mach-e instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts