Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I am curious as to how much info you all have on the AWD system that comes on the Maverick..I currently have a Subaru Wrx Sti and am just wondering how it compares to that? I have seen people saying something about it only sending power to the front wheels unless it needs to prevent slippage..is this true? Is that only in a certain driving mode or all the time? I would hope that if I'm in sport mode, power is going to all 4 wheels, not just the fronts. I'm not a big fan of FWD vehicles honestly. Any insight is much appreciated. 👍

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this info..this is the system the Maverick is using correct? How Ford Intelligent AWD/4WD Works | Car Reviews Canada | New & Used Automotive News and Tips | | Go Auto
Sounds pretty nice actually..it really only uses the front wheels to save on fuel, but if I want to mash down on the pedal I won't experience any sort of wheel hop because it will instantaneously send power to the rears as well. Hopefully I'm on the right track here..? I've owned a Focus ST3 in the past and while it was a very nice car, the wheel hop during hard acceleration REALLY bugged me!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts