Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received word that the drop in bedliner is officially delayed. Good thing my salesperson shared that info, at least I can add the spray in liner to the build. Sad part though is now I have to buy the drop in later and basically pay twice for the bed protection I need in the North East. On a positive note though, at least I wont be getting pushed back due to parts inavailability.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just received word that the drop in bedliner is officially delayed. Good thing my salesperson shared that info, at least I can add the spray in liner to the build. Sad part though is now I have to buy the drop in later and basically pay twice for the bed protection I need in the North East. On a positive note though, at least I wont be getting pushed back due to parts inavailability.
Why do you need both bed liners? What is the need for the drop in after going with spray in?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've heard that the drop ins can warp, and lift in the back center or pull away from the sides. I've always been good with just a heavy rubber matt in my F150...

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need both bed liners? What is the need for the drop in after going with spray in?
I always liked the drop ins due to their resistance to dents. In the North East I am usually flinging fire wood into the bed of my truck and with the plastic liner it offered an added level of protection.
My dealer said the spray in liner would not interfere with the drop in if added later and as some have pointed out, sometimes water gets trapped under the liner so maybe the spray in would protect from that as well

·
Registered
35 Posts
It sounds like a cost effective measure but does nothing for the sides of the bed. It is better than having nothing at all. I would rather opt for full protection but use mat until bed liner is available.
You can also by a little trailer to tow around . You can get a small one for 200 bucks. Maybe less if you find a good deal. I would personally do that if you are that concerned about the issues stated above. It's cheaper and I think solves the problems that a drop in would potentially present. Just Google small utility trailer :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like a cost effective measure but does nothing for the sides of the bed. It is better than having nothing at all. I would rather opt for full protection but use mat until bed liner is available.
I use this method in my 2015 F150. I have a spray liner but also have a bed mat on top of it.
I use about 5 chords of wood/year and haul it using my truck from some land I own, so there has been a LOT of wood thrown into the truck. I have also used the truck to haul yard loads of soil, mulch. I haven't noticed any dents, although I do try to not throw wood on top of the wheel wells until I already have pieces there.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had an f150 with premium line X and it held up to fire wood and everything I threw at it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If I were concerned, and threw firewood into the bed regularly, I would likely go with a Line-X spray liner. I think they guarantee their liner coverage for some time, though it may be 'level dependent' as to the length. They have multiple levels apparently, though beyond that I can't give any details.
I am going for a FoMoCo spray in, even though it may be done by a local provider rather than in-shop.
tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can also by a little trailer to tow around . You can get a small one for 200 bucks. Maybe less if you find a good deal. I would personally do that if you are that concerned about the issues stated above. It's cheaper and I think solves the problems that a drop in would potentially present. Just Google small utility trailer :)
So we should buy a trailer to use instead of our truck bed? Why have a truck bed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts