Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great tips in this video. I am still trying to decide between the backflip and the Revolver X4S (hard roll up) for my Maverick. I think the backflip will more durable, but I don’t like how it blocks the rear window when it’s up. How easy is it to remove if I wanted to just take off for a large load?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great tips in this video. I am still trying to decide between the backflip and the Revolver X4S (hard roll up) for my Maverick. I think the backflip will more durable, but I don’t like how it blocks the rear window when it’s up. How easy is it to remove if I wanted to just take off for a large load?
You can take it off in about 2 minutes. You simply disconnect the drain tubes and then you have a hand bolt to unscrew on the left and right sides. From there the entire cover comes off.
I’m used to driving my trailers so I don’t mind the back window being blocked.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I did some driving around with my BakFlip up today, and there was only one instance where I really missed the extra visibility. I think the long-term durability will offset the difficulties from blocking the window, though. I may look into some sort of exterior camera that I can mount up high for use in this instance, though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did some driving around with my BakFlip up today, and there was only one instance where I really missed the extra visibility. I think the long-term durability will offset the difficulties from blocking the window, though. I may look into some sort of exterior camera that I can mount up high for use in this instance, though.
The Mavericks with the Ford Co Pilot 360 Assist won't require the use of the rear window after the driver learns how to use the side mirrors with vehicle warnings on both sides of the truck.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Mavericks with the Ford Co Pilot 360 Assist won't require the use of the rear window after the driver learns how to use the side mirrors with vehicle warnings on both sides of the truck.
yeaaah mine has that, I still wanted a little blind spot mirror or other actual visibility in the situation I was in rather than trusting the electronics to be faster than me (or, more accurately, trusting the electronics to have better judgement about a safe gap to pull out into than me)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts