Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if you can get the bed rail system (as supplied in the XLT package) as a separate orderable part?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Currently - No. Might be added later. There are several Ford DIY and owner YouTube videos showing how to make your own.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anyone know if you can get the bed rail system (as supplied in the XLT package) as a separate orderable part?
I thought the additional side rails with adjustable tie downs was only added with the luxury package on XLT and Lariat, does not come standard (except FE). Extra bed tie down points are standard on XLT and Lariat which XL also does not get. Confusing? yes.
It should be available for purchase to add later to any trim, plus the DIY options Ford loves to talk about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One of the OEM accessories lists has "Cargo Management Rail System" as part number nz6z-9955200-a with a list price of $225. I can't find a picture or description so I'm not sure if that is the right part.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That looks awesome. Anyone have painting tips for that unistrut?
Painted unistrut will look great until it is used. The anchors or eye bolts will wear paint (or any other coating) off in no time. Unistrut is available in galvanized or stainless steel and the stainless looks great and will never tarnish or rust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would a kit like this work with the Maverick?

I assume you'd need to cut the rails to 30" or so, but I don't know if the holes will line up or if suitable bolts are easy to find.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I assume you'd need to cut the rails to 30" or so, but I don't know if the holes will line up or if suitable bolts are easy to find.
Kit looks awesome! I'm sure the rails can be drilled if holes don't line up, counter sunk and fastened with appropriate counter sunk screws. Should be no issue finding cs screws to fit.
Great find!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Looks extremely low-profile. I think this will be the kit I buy. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts