Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Chevy S-10
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I received the first call ever from my salesperson saying that my Maverick is scheduled to "hit the line" on November 6th. He is predicting that it will be here by late December. This is the same guy who told me on July 23rd that it was in production and it would be on the lot in a couple of months. I have never received any communication from Ford. He failed to include my email address on the order and has been unable to have it inserted. My order was for the Hybrid Lariat Luxury with no add ons. I'm really am beginning to wonder if I am just being jerked around. However, it's a bit late to change dealers now. I wonder how other folks with a later June order date have experienced. I hope its been better than mine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah that seems strange. I hear a lot of strange things here happening with orders from dealerships. My neighbor is a salesman and good friend of mine. The process was ridiculously easy. Order the truck through Ford, he placed it, got confirmation following day. Have been getting updates since from FOMOCO.

By the way, my order was placed August 16th. First build date email came a few weeks ago and was supposed to be week of the 25th of October. Got a follow up email it is getting pushed back to week of Nov 1st.

Good luck to you and let's hope to see them both before Christmas!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I placed an order June 25, and other than me calling Ford customer service in mid August to confirm the order was actually placed. I've heard nothing else about it from Ford or the dealer. Any other time I've given a car dealer my contact info they wouldn't stop bugging me. They must have supreme confidence in this car since they feel like they can treat me like crap or just completely ignore me, and I'll come begging for their car whenever THEY feel like making it available to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I placed my order on 8/5 and received my confirmation information from Ford. Approximately three weeks ago I contacted my dealership and learned that my Area 51 XLT FX4 with Lux Package was scheduled to be built on 11/1. It was a total fluke I obtained that information. I never received any email regarding the build from FORD. I have my VIN# and check the FORD ordering tracking website periodically for any updates. I think FORD is treating everyone the same way. They don't have any answers to our questions. They can't commit to any of our build dates because of material shortages. The FORD production plant in Mexico was closed three out of five days last week because of material shortages. I read on the Maverick Truck Club website yesterday that there is a magnesium shortage that could cause the auto industry to shut down by this December. My dealership (especially salesperson) is as clueless as they come about the issues surrounding the delay in Maverick builds. I blame FORD for not being more forthcoming about the severity of the material shortages. I spoke with my FORD dealership yesterday to find out if my build date has been pushed back. I am still waiting for a response. Hopefully, good things will come to all of us that wait. Good Luck To All.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ordered 6/25/21 Priority 10
XLT
2.5L Hybrid
Alto Blue
Spray in bedliner
sliding rear window
Moonroof

Im just outside of Boston if it makes a difference

Any ideas when I might be seeing a build date

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered 6/25/21 Priority 10
XLT
2.5L Hybrid
Alto Blue
Spray in bedliner
sliding rear window
Moonroof

Im just outside of Boston if it makes a difference

Any ideas when I might be seeing a build date
No but that is exactly the vehicle I want. I'm reading so many horror stories about dealers. I am in NYC and wanted the vehicle for early spring, so I am trying to decide when to order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts