Ford Maverick Forum banner

Best use for the awkward cubby

20K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Wax87 
#1 · (Edited)
Had some thoughts for the strange storage hole on the dash... Any other creative ideas?

Calculate how much your saving by getting 40MPG...

Proudly display your ethos, super hero, or alter ego....

Switches for external or internal LED lights.

See less See more
#3 ·
Loving this! It may have been perfect for my dad, he always kept notes on 3x5 index cards in his shirt pocket. For me, I'm wondering if there's a phone holder/mount that would work by pinching within that cubby. Although, with Apple Car play and Android Auto built in, does anyone still need their phone in that position?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#11 ·
That cubby would pair nicely with a cell phone holder. It would have to use tension arms that slid into it, putting pressure on the interior sides. I do like the french fry holder though. I should probably forward that idea to Whataburger, so they can get going on redesigning their french fry boxes to fit accordingly.

#20 ·
Looks like the little cubby is for a larger screen. I was looking to see what this Sync 3 thing is all about and on the ford site it has a Sync 4 coming soon which provides an optional upgrade to a larger screen. Makes more sense now why they would design it that way.
SYNC® 3 and SYNC | Smart Entertainment & Vehicle Information Systems Now With Alexa | Ford.com
I'm almost 100% that there was the intention of using a Larger Screen/Sync 4 with the Lariat Luxury package, but due to Covid and shortages they just kept Sync 3 and left the screen alone and that's why there's the gap. They would never have added the gap unless it was going to be used for 2022 but it was too late.

#23 ·
I like it. I'd also like it if it was just a simple drawer that looks like it belongs there. It could be a good place to store cables or anything really that would otherwise be lost in the deep abyss of that console.

BTW, a tray for the console storage compartment would be useful too.

#27 ·
Had some thoughts for the strange storage hole on the dash... Any other creative ideas?

Calculate how much your saving by getting 40MPG...
View attachment 466

Proudly display your ethos, super hero, or alter ego....
View attachment 467

Switches for external or internal LED lights.
View attachment 468
Tell your passengers to type in their weight so the truck's computer can calculate the spring tensions and proper shift points to get the best ride and MPG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.