Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. What do you think of that bottle top gear shifter on the console? What about a column automatic shifter on the Maverick dashboard like the 2015 Dodge vans. See picture.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Steering part

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't care for that idea, but I also don't like the rotary shifter; I prefer a standard floor shifter.

When you gotta rock a vehicle in the snow, which requires a rapid shift from reverse to drive, a floor shifter is easier to manipulate through feel.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't care. It's an automatic transmission, you put it in reverse or in drive, and you press the gas pedal. How hard could it be?

·
Registered
105 Posts
There should only ever be 3 shifters.
manual.
auto on the steering column.
dial/buttons in the center.

nothing else.Because nothing else makes sense

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had my share of Caravans. And I hate that shifter. :) For me, it was just close enough to get in the way sometimes. I wouldn't knock it out of gear, but I would sometimes inadvertently switch it to autostick mode.

However, I still like it better than the shifter on some of the Lincolns in 2020:

:)

I will say if the shifter in the Maverick works like it has in every Fusion or Escape Hybrid I've driven, the feature I like most is that you don't have to remember to shift to Park before you cut it off. Just cut it off and it will shift automatically into Park for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts