Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take it no one makes a clear bug guard for the Maverick.

I like to paint the inside of a clear bug guard so that it is body color.

Some vehicles just don't look good with a black or smoke bug guard.

I have never used the paint protection film, is it difficult to install?

· Registered
283 Posts
Interesting idea. My recall is these things have rubber else rubber type felt 'pads' on contact points where it is attached. Seems they keep the bugs off a bit from windshield. Mine is Area 51 color so will see what shades Ford sells and sort it out from there.

· Premium Member
336 Posts
I take it no one makes a clear bug guard for the Maverick.

I like to paint the inside of a clear bug guard so that it is body color.

Some vehicles just don't look good with a black or smoke bug guard.

I have never used the paint protection film, is it difficult to install?
In theory, paint protection film is relatively easy to install but to do a quality job requires patience, effort and skill.

I don't know if you've ever applied a window cling wrap (IE: advertisements) but it's a very similar process. My experience with window cling wraps is they are abominable and difficult to get 'just right'.

· Registered
186 Posts
Interesting idea. My recall is these things have rubber else rubber type felt 'pads' on contact points where it is attached. Seems they keep the bugs off a bit from windshield. Mine is Area 51 color so will see what shades Ford sells and sort it out from there.
I saw a picture looks like it just sticks on. In my day the ( bug guard) was a bug deflector and it mounted a inch of so above the hood so it changes the air flow so bugs go over the windshield. This doesn't do anything but cover the front hood. Serves no purpose other than cosmetic look.

· Premium Member
474 Posts
I saw a picture looks like it just sticks on. In my day the ( bug guard) was a bug deflector and it mounted a inch of so above the hood so it changes the air flow so bugs go over the windshield. This doesn't do anything but cover the front hood. Serves no purpose other than cosmetic look.
Yeah, but it looks good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts