Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to fine one to test drive. None to be had. Wondering if it make sense at this point to plans for a 2023 since I hear 2022 production in behind. I head orders open in August and production starts in October.
any thoughts on 2022 vs 2023? Hearing not much changing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Going to be very hard to find a 2022. You'll likely have to pay a significant markup (5k eco-boost, 10k hybrid - which may or may not be more than the price increase coming for 2023).

That said, had I known how terrible the service departments are in my area (Denver Metro) I'd have never bought a Ford. Did I mention the paint is peeling on my vehicle after only 2 months?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would like to fine one to test drive. None to be had. Wondering if it make sense at this point to plans for a 2023 since I hear 2022 production in behind. I head orders open in August and production starts in October.
any thoughts on 2022 vs 2023? Hearing not much changing.
Just do a 2023 - some of the issues that have come up will likely be addressed and remedied on the 2023 models and your chances of getting a 2022 are pretty low..but be prepared to order on day one (or go to the dealer before aug 16th) and get in the queue - remember that likely still going to be the case that the fewer options that you add to the truck the better chance that you'll get it produced quicker. And be prepared to wait about a year as that plant that makes these and the Bronco sports is maxed out of capactiy and likely some of 2022 orders will be xverted to 2023s so you'll likely be waiting a minimum of a year from start of 2023 production startup to get yours.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Or wait 6 months and see if the PHEV or AWD Hybrid gets an official release

Might avoid the dead battery issue

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been able to sit in one, but dealership was doing their own pizza runs so no test drive, besides all they've gotten are pre-ordered and didn't want to rack up miles on someone else's ride. Last word was see it in August 12 months after ordering, called Customer Care and got a VIN# a couple weeks ago. Soon Come Mon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts