Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm from the LA and Orange County area in southern CA. Every time I have spoken to the dealers in my area regarding this chat and youtube videos I see online, they have all told me that southern CA works differently and that what I see online may not be the most accurate for my area.

If people from CA or southern CA specifically can post here I think it would help us out the best. For example, I did not have to give any down payment or any driver's license information for my order to be accepted by Ford. I have gone to my dealer myself a few times just to verify if the info I see here is true and I even offered to leave money for a down payment but I was told that they couldn't even accept my money as they don't know what kind of incentives they'll have when my Maverick gets in. I was told I'm ok and simply waiting for my order to be pulled by Ford too.

Hopefully this can help anyone in this area to clear up any confusion, thanks.

As an FYI I ordered the XLT, Velocity Blue with the rear sliding window, moon roof, co-pilot 360 and spray-in bedliner. Might take off the bedliner if my dealer can do it there instead of waiting for Ford to pull my order.

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel Font Screenshot Horizon Document Web page

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, I'm from the LA and Orange County area in southern CA. Every time I have spoken to the dealers in my area regarding this chat and youtube videos I see online, they have all told me that southern CA works differently and that what I see online may not be the most accurate for my area.

If people from CA or southern CA specifically can post here I think it would help us out the best. For example, I did not have to give any down payment or any driver's license information for my order to be accepted by Ford. I have gone to my dealer myself a few times just to verify if the info I see here is true and I even offered to leave money for a down payment but I was told that they couldn't even accept my money as they don't know what kind of incentives they'll have when my Maverick gets in. I was told I'm ok and simply waiting for my order to be pulled by Ford too.

Hopefully this can help anyone in this area to clear up any confusion, thanks.

As an FYI I ordered the XLT, Velocity Blue with the rear sliding window, moon roof, co-pilot 360 and spray-in bedliner. Might take off the bedliner if my dealer can do it there instead of waiting for Ford to pull my order.

View attachment 1592 View attachment 1593
Forgot to put that I have a Retail Priority code 10 and ordered on 08/12/21

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have an order with Sunrise Ford over in North Hollywood (Area 51 XLT with luxury package, co pilot 360, sliding rear window, and all weather mats) along with my wife's Mustang Mach-E. She has a build date coming up in October. I have yet to get my build date. I put 500 down and they took my driver's license and my order was confirmed on 7/24. Did you receive a confirmation email? It looks like this:

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an order with Sunrise Ford over in North Hollywood (Area 51 XLT with luxury package, co pilot 360, sliding rear window, and all weather mats) along with my wife's Mustang Mach-E. She has a build date coming up in October. I have yet to get my build date. I put 500 down and they took my driver's license and my order was confirmed on 7/24. Did you receive a confirmation email? It looks like this:

View attachment 1595
Yes I’m going through Cerritos Ford and I also did receive that email confirmation too. I didn’t mention at first that we’ve been going to Cerritos Ford/Hyundai for a good 20 years now, so it may be possible they may be going off good past client history from my family and not need to collect anything else for the time being. If more people say they have given a down payment I’ll go back in a few weeks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes I’m going through Cerritos Ford and I also did receive that email confirmation too. I didn’t mention at first that we’ve been going to Cerritos Ford/Hyundai for a good 20 years now, so it may be possible they may be going off good past client history from my family and not need to collect anything else for the time being. If more people say they have given a down payment I’ll go back in a few weeks.
I don't think you need to worry since you received a confirmation email. I thought you didn't. That would have been an actual concern.

That's cool that you had a good experience with Cerritos Ford. I live in Norwalk so I'm very close to the there. My wife and I went there to test drive a Mach-E and the sales person didn't seem all that interested or knowledgable regarding our questions so we decided to check out other dealers instead. (It's been common for us noticing lazy sales people since the car market is so crazy they don't have to try so much to sell a car.) She wanted to order a specific model and package without any dealer mark up so we called around and Sunrise was the first to respond saying they wouldn't. Since we had a good experience with Sunrise I decided to put in my order for the Maverick there as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts