Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
121 Posts
Cactus grey looks pretty good in a live video. I just wish there were more colors visible for those fortunate enough to be invited. Got me thinking a bit about option selection again, too.
Can't wait to see what shows up at work in less than a month for the sales training class.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does highlight that they are really cutting some corners here, like the XLT for example doesn't appear to get a rubber/foam insulated engine cover which are popular now or a typical hood insulator. A replacement Ram 1500 hood insulator is only around $50, so I'm guessing it would have only cost Ford $25 or so per vehicle.

Adding a damper to my Ram 1500 was also a $35 purchase, so again Ford seems to really be cutting corners. Hmmm...

I'm definitely down for that bed extender though. Curious to see what tonneau covers will be compatible with it.

BTW, that dude is huge, so he's making the Maverick look smaller than it is.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm not that worries about a tailgate damper on something like a maverick. The tailgate on my Rangers was never so heavy as to be a concern; I suspect the Maverick's won't be either. I'm more worried about someone attempting to steal the backup camera. After all, unless they're under a recall, they can be outrageously expensive.
Besides, who knows, it may become an accessory item shortly after introduction; as I assume there will be more items available after its release.
A tonneau will be under consideration eventually, the aftermarket ones will be less expensive, too. If for nothing else, to keep the acorns and leaves from accumulating in the bed. My current Ram 1500 looks like a buffet for the squirrels in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not that worries about a tailgate damper on something like a maverick. The tailgate on my Rangers was never so heavy as to be a concern; I suspect the Maverick's won't be either.
Once you have one, its hard to live without it. Its not so much that its heavy, but if you want to toss groceries in the back and have your hands full, just being able to unlatch it and have it fall on its own is super handy.

It also makes you feel much safer around children, as it can otherwise bonk them right on the top of their soft head. I'm sure you'll be able to add a strut like this cheaply though in the future:
I'm more worried about someone attempting to steal the backup camera. After all, unless they're under a recall, they can be outrageously expensive.
Hmm, never heard of those being a high theft item.
A tonneau will be under consideration eventually, the aftermarket ones will be less expensive, too. If for nothing else, to keep the acorns and leaves from accumulating in the bed. My current Ram 1500 looks like a buffet for the squirrels in the neighborhood.
Yeah, I just pulled the heavy Ram bed mat out on the Sunday wash to give it a good cleaning, and the bed still looks like its new with that pulled out. The rubber mat has a few scratches though, but love the cushioning, so will probably add one into the Maverick too, even with a tonneau and spray in liner as its nicer to kneel on and lets you throw down heavy things with no concern of dents. I do love that the rubber mat says "Dodge Ram" real big on it, makes it feel like it belongs, so I hope the one Ford sells also says "Maverick" on it. Its only $140 which isn't bad.

I like the idea of a soft tonneau, I have a very heavy hard tri-folder now, but it says its not compatible with the extender. The hard tri-fold and rollup are rather expensive, so I'd need to look at them first.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Once you have one, its hard to live without it. Its not so much that its heavy, but if you want to toss groceries in the back and have your hands full, just being able to unlatch it and have it fall on its own is super handy.

It also makes you feel much safer around children, as it can otherwise bonk them right on the top of their soft head. I'm sure you'll be able to add a strut like this cheaply though in the future:

Hmm, never heard of those being a high theft item.

Yeah, I just pulled the heavy Ram bed mat out on the Sunday wash to give it a good cleaning, and the bed still looks like its new with that pulled out. The rubber mat has a few scratches though, but love the cushioning, so will probably add one into the Maverick too, even with a tonneau and spray in liner as its nicer to kneel on and lets you throw down heavy things with no concern of dents. I do love that the rubber mat says "Dodge Ram" real big on it, makes it feel like it belongs, so I hope the one Ford sells also says "Maverick" on it. Its only $140 which isn't bad.

I like the idea of a soft tonneau, I have a very heavy hard tri-folder now, but it says its not compatible with the extender. The hard tri-fold and rollup are rather expensive, so I'd need to look at them first.
No, Cameras aren't a high theft item, much to my surprise. Working at a dealership I know who much some of them cost; unless they're under a recall like many of them have been. If you needed one, it would be much more efficient to take the entire tailgate vs. just trying to get the camera out of it.
I had a "Bed Rug" in one of my trucks. Bought it used with it, and it was actually really nice. Perhaps not so good if you wanted to get loads of mulch or toss heavy items into the bed; but it was nice for sitting or laying in the bed. Stuff didn't seem to slide around as much as I thought it would either.

·
Registered
97 Posts
At 3:09 he's flat wrong about the FWD models being limited to 2k towing. You can get the 4k tow package without adding AWD. He also didn't do a very good job of explaining what is included. He indicated that the bed power outlet, tie down rails, and spray in bed liner are all included. That might be true of some trim levels or lux packages, but it's very misleading.

·
Registered
16 Posts
At 3:09 he's flat wrong about the FWD models being limited to 2k towing. You can get the 4k tow package without adding AWD. He also didn't do a very good job of explaining what is included. He indicated that the bed power outlet, tie down rails, and spray in bed liner are all included. That might be true of some trim levels or lux packages, but it's very misleading.
Maybe there's some differences between the model configurations coming to the US and those going to Canada (i'm pretty sure that's where he's located). He didn't do a great job indicating what is lux package vs. standard. Still lots of good info and views.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i really like this color. might go for it.

i've mentioned a few times i normally prefer black on trucks, but the mav is the exception. shadow black maverick hasnt tickled my fancy so far.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i really like this color. might go for it.

i've mentioned a few times i normally prefer black on trucks, but the mav is the exception. shadow black maverick hasnt tickled my fancy so far.
Ditto. I've had two black trucks, and black doesn't do it for me on the Maverick either. I'd have actually liked to see what it would look like in some plain non-metallic colors, like red, orange, or blue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's pretty easy to make that mistake. The 4k tow package is limited to the EcoBoost engine, FWD or AWD. There are many packages that don't include the power outlet, tie down rails and bed liners. In fact, I believe only the XLT Lux and higher get those options. XL and XLT standard do not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts