Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because y'all haven't seen enough pictures yet... Inver Grove Ford had a Cactus Gray on site today lined up next to a Ranger, F150, Super duty. Area 51 Bronco behind. Got to take a quick look and sit in the driver's seat. This is a Lariat 2.0 AWD w/ tow package.

A photographer I am not, it was a very bright day so the pics are somewhat washed out. The ones from the side and front have been enhanced slightly to show more accurate color on the Maverick.

Very comfortable, though as someone who is 6'4", I felt kind of low to the ground for a truck. Because of the way the seat adjustment works, pushing the seat back for my legs to be able to stretch naturally also pushed the seat down towards the floor. Plenty of head room, so I wish I could place the seat higher up and far back as well. Ah well.

Also, for size comparison, my wife who is 4'11" standing behind the super duty, then behind the Maverick. 🤣

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for sharing. We can never get enough pictures! Lol. Seriously though, we’re you and your wife able to get in it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Because y'all haven't seen enough pictures yet... Inver Grove Ford had a Cactus Gray on site today lined up next to a Ranger, F150, Super duty. Area 51 Bronco behind. Got to take a quick look and sit in the driver's seat. This is a Lariat 2.0 AWD w/ tow package.

A photographer I am not, it was a very bright day so the pics are somewhat washed out. The ones from the side and front have been enhanced slightly to show more accurate color on the Maverick.

Very comfortable, though as someone who is 6'4", I felt kind of low to the ground for a truck. Because of the way the seat adjustment works, pushing the seat back for my legs to be able to stretch naturally also pushed the seat down towards the floor. Plenty of head room, so I wish I could place the seat higher up and far back as well. Ah well.

Also, for size comparison, my wife who is 4'11" standing behind the super duty, then behind the Maverick. 🤣

View attachment 1279
Great photos, thanks! The picture of your wife behind the Super Duty makes that truck look ridiculously huge. You mentioned you sat in the driver's seat. How comfortable is it? How is the lumbar support? Is it adjustable too? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for sharing. We can never get enough pictures! Lol. Seriously though, we’re you and your wife able to get in it?
Very very briefly. We actually pulled up when the rep was leaving with the truck for his lunch break. 🤣 He got back and had to do a training within like 5 min of return so had to lock up again.

Super comfy. Plenty big interior. I'm 6'4". We have two toddlers. Might be difficult to get a rear-facing car seat behind me driving, but a forward facing no problem. The seat was plenty adjustable that my wife would have no problem driving it either. So a range of 4'11" and 6'4" easily.

Like I said in the OP, I felt sort of low to the ground. Like, it felt like a newer ford escape (which makes sense given the platform). If you're looking for a small truck that still "feels" like a truck to drive, I'm not convinced this would do it. But if you're looking for a nice comfortable vehicle with truckish capabilities and don't need or want to pay for the size and feel of a ranger or F150, I think you'd be very happy with the feel inside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great photos, thanks! The picture of your wife behind the Super Duty makes that truck look ridiculously huge. You mentioned you sat in the driver's seat. How comfortable is it? How is the lumbar support? Is it adjustable too? Thanks!
Yeah we got a kick out of it. Even the height of the back of the ranger seemed just silly with my wife behind, but I didn't snag a picture. See my last response to comments about the inside. Truthfully, I didn't check lumbar support, but I was very comfortable in the seat.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
121 Posts
Good to hear your perception of the ride height and comfort. Being that it felt about what you'd expect from an Escape isn't a surprise, nor overly disappointing, either. I'd expect as much. It's also not a bad thing either, My wife's '17 is fun to drive, quite sporty feeling too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thank you so much for these pictures! They make me feel more confident in my pre-order. I'm not a big guy (5' 7" 1/2) and I'd love a truck again, but 1) their fuel efficiency sucks and 2) they're so damn big now. I want to be able to fit both our cars easily into the two car garage.

I have a 6 month old son and will probably put his rear facing seat in the center or passenger side to maximize space. We always have one of us sitting in back with him while the other person drives.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for these pictures! They make me feel more confident in my pre-order. I'm not a big guy (5' 7" 1/2) and I'd love a truck again, but 1) their fuel efficiency sucks and 2) they're so damn big now. I want to be able to fit both our cars easily into the two car garage.
Yeah, same here. I'm nostalgic for my old '00 Ford Ranger. To be clear sitting in this did NOT satisfy my nostalgia. But the truth is the specs are really hard to beat in the form factor. This was a 2.0 with the tow package. Rep said he was getting 32mpg average on the hwy going 75 from Detroit to central Wisconsin. Closer to 30 by the time he hit the Twin Cities with a little more city driving. I mean, that's incredible to me.

As for car seat, that's what I've got going in my '07 escape. It works easily with the one kid, but I've got two under 2, so it's a good thing we've got a minivan for trips with both kiddos. 😬 I think you could put a rear facing seat in the driver side. Just not with the seat all the way back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear your perception of the ride height and comfort. Being that it felt about what you'd expect from an Escape isn't a surprise, nor overly disappointing, either. I'd expect as much. It's also not a bad thing either, My wife's '17 is fun to drive, quite sporty feeling too.

Truth be told, I prefer the feel of my '07 escape to my parents' '20 escape. 😬 Maybe I'm weird but I don't like my car feeling too plush--I want to feel the road and have to give a little extra to the peddles and wheel so I stay engaged. 🤷🏼‍♂️ But yeah, it really did feel good to sit in. 😅

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, same here. I'm nostalgic for my old '00 Ford Ranger. To be clear sitting in this did NOT satisfy my nostalgia. But the truth is the specs are really hard to beat in the form factor. This was a 2.0 with the tow package. Rep said he was getting 32mpg average on the hwy going 75 from Detroit to central Wisconsin. Closer to 30 by the time he hit the Twin Cities with a little more city driving. I mean, that's incredible to me.
Whoa! That's heading into Subaru Impreza/Crosstrek territory. I'm wondering what the real world mpg for the hybrid will be then. Hoping it at least hits or goes beyond the 36/40 estimate from Ford.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cactus Gray is a great color, I wish it had been available with the First Edition package, I would have snapped it up. Ended up with Area 51.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts