Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Carbonized Gray Lariat Lux 360/360A Hybrid
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This primarily goes out to people who got a Maverick in cactus gray. Are you happy with your color selection or do you wish you had chosen differently?

Because my 22MY order is about to be cancelled & rolled over to a 23MY, I have an opportunity to make some changes to the original order. While I think cactus gray looks sharp on a Bronco, I'm not sure it will suit a Maverick. I'm thinking of switching to a more traditional (and classy?) carbonized gray, but would like to hear from people who own (or who have actually seen) a Maverick in cactus gray. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I never seen the color before my truck arrived. When I first got it, in December 2021, I wasn't sure if I like it, or disliked it. I've really grown to love it.
As an aside, many people comment on how they like the color too.
If I bought one tomorrow, it would be Cactus Gray.

·
Registered
Carbonized Gray Lariat Lux 360/360A Hybrid
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never seen the color before my truck arrived. When I first got it, in December 2021, I wasn't sure if I like it, or disliked it. I've really grown to love it.
As an aside, many people comment on how they like the color too.
If I bought one tomorrow, it would be Cactus Gray.
Thanks for the feedback. Funnily enough, the color has been the most difficult decision-making point that I continue to wrestle with!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This primarily goes out to people who got a Maverick in cactus gray. Are you happy with your color selection or do you wish you had chosen differently?

Because my 22MY order is about to be cancelled & rolled over to a 23MY, I have an opportunity to make some changes to the original order. While I think cactus gray looks sharp on a Bronco, I'm not sure it will suit a Maverick. I'm thinking of switching to a more traditional (and classy?) carbonized gray, but would like to hear from people who own (or who have actually seen) a Maverick in cactus gray. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
My MY 22 order was for Hot Chili Pepper Red. This summer while on vacation in Hawaii I saw a cactus gray Maverick at our condo complex. Beautiful and my wife loved it also. MY 23 order changed to cactus gray with black appearance package. Original order placed September 27, 2021.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Still loving it several months later. Saw an Alto blue maverick for the first time the other day and thought it looked really nice. Could have gone for that color too but no regrets over the cactus gray.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I withheld judgment at first but now I've received so many compliments on the color, not to mention seeing people stare and smile at it as I drive. Yes, I do love it. Only one teen has called it ugly and I told him to look in the mirror if he wants to see ugly.

·
Registered
Silver Hybrid XLT lux pack, spray bed, 360 mud flap blue interior 09.16.22 ordered
21 Posts
I found a list of the Maverick orders somewhere and went through about 150 Mavericks, found only one silver one! A color I ordered, second choice was the gray for me. I wanted the metal flakes in the paint and silver hides my Michigan dirt pretty good. I do have a silver 2014 titanium 2.0 L front WD escape and like it a lot, 139K, no issues at all runs new.
hybrid, XLT lux package, 360, blue interior but looks gray to me, spray box, mud flaps, mats no carpet mats. First 45 day email from Ford. Ordered 09/16/22
saw the cactus on the lot,

·
Registered
83 Posts

I have carb gray and honestly it looks better every day, you can't go wrong with CG.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My model is in very short supply nation wide. I was fortunate as local dealers had red, black, alto and velocity blue, white and cactus gray.
Picked it up tonight and know it’s personal preference but I picked Cactus gray. Most the other colors carried a premium charge but liked it better. Here’s a couple pics from the dealer lot, then a pic in its new stable the garage
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
526 Posts
The cactus grey hides dirt pretty well. I receive a lot of compliments on the color of my Maverick. Definitely happy with the color choice
Another vote for hiding dirt well. I live on a very dusty gravel road and bought the Cactus Grey for that very reason. I'm very happy to report that it hides the dirt better than I ever could have hoped.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a list of the Maverick orders somewhere and went through about 150 Mavericks, found only one silver one! A color I ordered, second choice was the gray for me. I wanted the metal flakes in the paint and silver hides my Michigan dirt pretty good. I do have a silver 2014 titanium 2.0 L front WD escape and like it a lot, 139K, no issues at all runs new. hybrid, XLT lux package, 360, blue interior but looks gray to me, spray box, mud flaps, mats no carpet mats. First 45 day email from Ford. Ordered 09/16/22 saw the cactus on the lot,
Have it - Love it!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found a list of the Maverick orders somewhere and went through about 150 Mavericks, found only one silver one! A color I ordered, second choice was the gray for me. I wanted the metal flakes in the paint and silver hides my Michigan dirt pretty good. I do have a silver 2014 titanium 2.0 L front WD escape and like it a lot, 139K, no issues at all runs new. hybrid, XLT lux package, 360, blue interior but looks gray to me, spray box, mud flaps, mats no carpet mats. First 45 day email from Ford. Ordered 09/16/22 saw the cactus on the lot,
I too ordered silver. Light color for here in the south. The cactus grey looks great but would I get tired of it in the future also would it look dated in a couple years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts