Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time choosing a color this is my first truck but I am having reservations with it
Anyone feel the cactus gray is to feminine a color for this truck

Don't care for any of the colors tbh but cactus gray is the only one I do like.
If so I will end up just doing carbonized gray as plan b

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered cactus grey. I was on the fence between it and Area 51. I later saw a Bronco Sport, I think it was, in cactus gray. It looks good and I am happy with my choice. It really does look better in person. Truthfully, I probably would have been just as happy with Area 51.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having a hard time choosing a color this is my first truck but I am having reservations with it

Yes if you're worried about it, don't get it. I saw a Bronco sport in CG this weekend and it looked like a pastel Easter egg. And i really wanted to like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have seen pictures of CG that do look a little greenish and some slightly bluish. YouTube reviewers have said the appearance changes a little depending on the light. Someone on a Maverick forum said it's basically off white. There are pictures on this forum that looked to me very close to the CG Bronco I saw on the road. Probably it's best to judge for yourself but you might try to view examples in full sunlight and low sunlight. No one wants to be stuck with a color they don't like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went with the Cactus Gray. I waited until I saw it in person on a Ranger, and it's a pretty interesting color. I think it looks awesome against the dark trim. Man up and get the CG, dude! ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wanted a lighter color and my previous 2009 Ford Ranger was White. When you start doing a bit of darkening the white just pops. I think this CG will be the same way. I have to admit I was torn between the White and CG, but after seeing a Ranger in CG I do slightly like the White better. I think if the CG had a black top it would be the way to go, but I wasn't paying for the First Edition to get that. So White it is! Good Luck, CG in my opinion shouldn't be about being manliness or feminine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are there colors

Does it feel strange that you separate colors into colors for girls vs colors for men?

·
Registered
37 Posts

Definitely go with what you like. And that is a great color

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
121 Posts

Consider that it's probably not a full shade off of the color used on the Mach 1 and nobody calls it a "girlie" color on the Mach 1. It's probably got a little pearl in it to make it change hues in different light, but who cares.
I was staring at a Bronco Sport this afternoon in that color, and it looks cools. I think it would look really cool with some sort of retro(80's style colors) pinstripes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was staring at a Bronco Sport this afternoon in that color, and it looks cools. I think it would look really cool with some sort of retro(80's style colors) pinstripes.
My dealer had a Cactus Gray Ranger on the lot when I ordered my Maverick. It's sharp with the black trim. I'm not sure I would have ordered that color if I hadn't seen it in person. The photos don't really do it justice. It looks different in person.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My dealer had a Cactus Gray Ranger on the lot when I ordered my Maverick. It's sharp with the black trim. I'm not sure I would have ordered that color if I hadn't seen it in person. The photos don't really do it justice. It looks different in person.
This. I made a point to look at a Cactus Gray ranger on a dealer lot and it looked like some pictures and unlike most others. You really have to see it in person.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts