Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what this button does on the Lariat? Also, what about the 3 buttons in the other picture below? I believe the first is drive mode, but the other two are never mentioned in any of the videos I've seen.

-Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually that is great. I really do not like the auto stop function. doesnt make sense on a hybrid. Thanks for the correction

edit: I meant to say above that I do not like the auto-stop button on internal combustion cars because it is a more jarring feel from stop. I understand that the motor is constantly turning on and off on a hybrid. It is one of my favorite features on the hybrid I have now. What I like about the hybrid battery vs the regular car battery in auto stop is that it is a much smoother transition. You can’t tell when the engine is off on a hybrid.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The third is actually for Auto Hold, which holds the car still with your foot off the brake until you touch the gas pedal. The auto start/stop button is only on Ecoboost (can't turn it off on the Hybrid!)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Actually that is great. I really do not like the auto stop function. doesnt make sense on a hybrid. Thanks for the correction
Why not? If the battery is full, the climate controls aren't running (or only need residual heat from the heater core), and the (electric power steering) steering wheel is straight ahead, why waste fuel running the engine at a stop light? Makes all the sense in the world to me.

Additionally, these engines are precise enough that they can re-start the engine without using battery power, essentially it finds a cylinder that's just before TDC, pulses the injector and spark plug to get the rotating mass rotating the wrong direction long enough to move a cylinder close to TDC the other direction, fires that cylinder and the engine cranks back up. No cranking power required.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Auto stop makes more sense on a hybrid, since it can leave a stop on electric power alone and then start the engine when its running so its less noticeable. You also get full AC power when the engine is off and sufficient charge, unlike a gas-only engine. I can understand wanting to disable it for Ecoboost, but no need to disable it on a hybrid

·
Registered
133 Posts
Auto stop makes more sense on a hybrid, since it can leave a stop on electric power alone and then start the engine when its running so its less noticeable. You also get full AC power when the engine is off and sufficient charge, unlike a gas-only engine. I can understand wanting to disable it for Ecoboost, but no need to disable it on a hybrid
It's equipped on my Focus, but I think it quit working as intended back in '19 and it hasn't been a big enough problem for me to really care enough to leave it at the dealer for another 2 weeks while they diagnose it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The slot under the three buttuns will hold your credit card while waining in the drive through line. A feature only in the hybrid and a 1st for any vehicle!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why not? If the battery is full, the climate controls aren't running (or only need residual heat from the heater core), and the (electric power steering) steering wheel is straight ahead, why waste fuel running the engine at a stop light? Makes all the sense in the world to me.

Additionally, these engines are precise enough that they can re-start the engine without using battery power, essentially it finds a cylinder that's just before TDC, pulses the injector and spark plug to get the rotating mass rotating the wrong direction long enough to move a cylinder close to TDC the other direction, fires that cylinder and the engine cranks back up. No cranking power required.
You can't turn the auto stop on and off in the hybrid, the hybrid system just does it.

·
Registered
13 Posts

You are exactly right. i have a hybrid and it does it all automatically. i hate how you feel the engine turn off and on with auto stop on IC cars. This is what I meant by my comment, no annoying auto stop button, no annoying off and on feel every time you stop at a light, just the hybrid and the engine working seamlessly. When I do put my car in all electric mode, you can’t even tell the engine is not running. That is what I love about hybrids.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sure it makes sense, your driving a hybrid and you want the best mileage possible so engine shuts down at a stop. Depending on hybrid battery state of charge and if you depress the gas peddle lightly you can drive on battery only. This hybrid is not direct injection that I read somewhere on this site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sure it makes sense, your driving a hybrid and you want the best mileage possible so engine shuts down at a stop. Depending on hybrid battery state of charge and if you depress the gas peddle lightly you can drive on battery only. This hybrid is not direct injection that I read somewhere on this site.
I agree. I meant that it would not make sense because the hybrid does it automatically and so much better than an IC engine. I have a hybrid and love how the engine turns off seamlessly. what I don’t like is how on non-hybrids, the auto-stop function is so jarring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree. I misstated my point. I love how the hybrid switches automatically, just do not like the function on IC cars. It is a smooth switch on hybrids, rougher on IC cars

1 - 20 of 20 Posts