Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can the Ford Maverick XL go in the Hov lane? Since it's a hybrid.
Some states or areas of states (such as the Long Island Expressway in NY) allow for Hybrid owners to get a decal that would allow them in the HOV lanes even if they do not have the amount of occupants needed to use the lane. The Maverick is a hybrid, so if the area allows for it (usually by applying a decal), then, yes, the Maverick would be allowed in an HOV lane.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can the Ford Maverick XL go in the Hov lane? Since it's a hybrid.
Since your name is Hollywood I'm gonna assume you live in California. Only Plug-in Hybrids and electric vehicles qualify to go into the HOV lanes in California. The hybrid Maverick is only a standard hybrid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you I will just have to get the stickers from my local DMV.
Since your name is Hollywood I'm gonna assume you live in California. Only Plug-in Hybrids and electric vehicles qualify to go into the HOV lanes in California. The hybrid Maverick is only a standard hybrid.
My nickname is Hollywood. I lived on Long Island New York. I'm going to apply for the stickers at my local DMV.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you I will just have to get the stickers from my local DMV.

My nickname is Hollywood. I lived on Long Island New York. I'm going to apply for the stickers at my local DMV.
The DMV would be the best place to find out if the Maverick meets the HOV requirements. It looks like New York has a list of approved vehicles. I did not find the Ford Escape Hybrid from which the Maverick evolved. https://www.dot.ny.gov/programs/clean-pass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts