Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been following my order for months.. i tracked it from day 1.. it was built on april shipped shortly after.
Somehwere around, may the vehicle was in town at the sorting facility waiting to be towed to the dealer.
(that was two weeks ago). Yesteday, the car was
delivered to the dealer according to the tracking,.. and being moved to final prep.

so ofcourse i called the dealer.. no one at the dealer could tell where the car was.. the sales manager told me that according to his system, the car has not been received.

si i called the head office and they checked for me..and they get the exact same info i got which is the dealer location under prep. HQ suggested me to ask the dealer to contact the shipper.

i called the dealer again and asked them to contact the shipper. They told me that they only do that when the vehicle is very late. Like past delivery deadline..which is not my case yet. I still have 2 weeks deadline.

Later today the salesman emailed me telling that they will open an investigation and to wait 2 or 3 days.

its an hybrid xlt.. could it be possible for a dealer to use my name to grab an allocation and reroute it somewhere where they can make more profit? i doubt a company like ford would do that. But with the rarity of the hybrid, im ready for anything weird.

im not paranoid.. only asking

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ive been following my order for months.. i tracked it from day 1.. it was built on april shipped shortly after.
Somehwere around, may the vehicle was in town at the sorting facility waiting to be towed to the dealer.
(that was two weeks ago). Yesteday, the car was
delivered to the dealer according to the tracking,.. and being moved to final prep.

so ofcourse i called the dealer.. no one at the dealer could tell where the car was.. the sales manager told me that according to his system, the car has not been received.

si i called the head office and they checked for me..and they get the exact same info i got which is the dealer location under prep. HQ suggested me to ask the dealer to contact the shipper.

i called the dealer again and asked them to contact the shipper. They told me that they only do that when the vehicle is very late. Like past delivery deadline..which is not my case yet. I still have 2 weeks deadline.

Later today the salesman emailed me telling that they will open an investigation and to wait 2 or 3 days.

its an hybrid xlt.. could it be possible for a dealer to use my name to grab an allocation and reroute it somewhere where they can make more profit? i doubt a company like ford would do that. But with the rarity of the hybrid, im ready for anything weird.

im not paranoid.. only asking
Did the dealer get ANY Mavericks the last couple days? Possibly they put your track number on someone else's and their showed up but not yours. Unless your dealer gets hundreds of cars in a day (unlikely!) any salesman could have driven thru their lot looking for your color Maverick, this bit about 'according to our system it wasn't delivered' is a little screwey, I'd have asked (if you didn't already) that hey quit looking at your screen and spend 10 minutes looking at the herd of new rides that showed up the last day or two. I'd have gone down there myself looking for it - and peeking in garage windows to see if it's there somewhere.

·
Registered
2022 maverick Lariat
9 Posts
If you got a VIN # sent to you by Ford in a email, they can't sell the truck to anyone. Check for your window sticker it has your vin on it. Also the up charges on the sticker will be more then when you ordered the truck, you pay what prices were when the truck was ordered. (P.S. you also are intitled to finance rates at time of order)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts